To Find Yourself You Find Your Bey

For weeks on end, Dèvon followed her brother to the Beywheelz park, and for weeks on end, Sho spotted that same piercing, emerald gaze that no one else seemed to find even though they were such a vivid, alluring green.

One, cloudy day, Dèvon was in the backyard watching Leon practice, when thunder rumbled in the distance. The Fierce siblings gazed at the dark sky nervously.

"Leon maybe we should go inside? It might rain soon..." She stated. Leon thought for a second before shaking his head.

"Practice happens with rain, sleet, snow, or shine! You can never predict the conditions of a bey battle so you have to prepare your bey for anything!" He answered riled up. 

    She took a mental note herself. She'd definitely need to know this for when she started battling. Her admiration for her brother's dedication grew. The sky lit up slightly and thunder rumbled again. All of the sudden, a peculiar sensation overcame her. It was something of a trance, she felt as if someone were calling her.

    She snuck from the backyard where she was watching Leo practice with such a yearning and wandered into the woods past the boundary of their property. Unsure of where she was going she merely followed her instincts and kept walking. Her boots squeaked as they padded over the damp rocks along side the trickling creek. 

    The deeper Devon wandered into the forest, the more wild and unkept things became. Vines coiled along the ground as well as sticky burs and disobedient undergrowth that blocked her path. She pushed them all aside, pricking her fingers on the burs before falling through to the other side into a clearing. 

    She'd never seen somewhere like this before, even after she and her brother's many excursions into this forest. She scanned the clearing hoping that her instincts would lead her further. However, every sensation that had been guiding her to this place were all, but gone. She stood up and brushed the debris from her clothes.

"Great job getting yourself lost, Devon." She scolded herself taking a step forward. 

In the next moment, she found herself blown off her feet and sailing through the air as a column of black lightning streaked from the sky and impacted with the ground in front of her. She wasn't sure how long she had been out for, all she knew was that she she came to, her vision was blurry and her ears were ringing. She had minor injuries from her landing, but nothing more than a few bruises and scratches.

When the blurriness subsided, her eyes focused on the scorched crater created by the lightning strike. There was something resting in the middle that caught her attention. Dèvon's curiosity peaked as she slowly walked toward the unknown object. The bright metallic gleam offended her retinas, forcing her to shield her eyes as she picked it up. It was warm to the touch. Its silver lining complimented by its black spokes and bone white center piece with a black and silver rhino carved into it.

I-It's a beywheelz?! Could it be that this bey... Wants to be mine? Like how Wild Mane chose Leo? She pondered thoughtfully.

Greetings young one! My name is Thundering Terra Rhinoceros.

"Thundering Terra Rhinoceros...? Did you guide me here?" Devon asked tentatively. The bey seemed to grow warmer in her hand as if in agreement.

I certainly did. I felt a connection with you for a while, just as Wild Mane Leon did with your brother. Therefore, I have chosen you to be my be my next wielder.

"You chose me?! Wow... this is so cool! I'm going to be a beywheeler just like my brother...!" Devon exclaimed clenching the bey with excitement.