Dominators IV

Sting looked between David and Gigante before excusing himself as well saying he was going to do some training. This left David and Gigante alone. It was only then that Gigante noticed the inflamed burn on his brother's cheek. David saw where he was looking and touched it.

"Glen's Molten Fireblaze almost took my head off. I managed to dodge it, but the bey still singed my cheek." He explained wincing slightly. His brother nodded.

"Then we should probably take you to the medical ward to get it treated before it gets infected. If that happens..."

His brother trailed off. Avoiding injuries was one of the most important rules. If David was put out of commission for more than a few days that would definitely spell trouble for the both of them. The walk to their destination was silent. Despite David's initial rejection of Odin's advice, he found himself running it through his mind relentlessly. He knew what was bothering him, but he had no idea how to resolve it.

"Well that arena was a dud..." He heard Leader B's voice getting closer. He held his hand out in front of Gigante before forcing him into a nearby broom closet and pulling the door to a crack.

"One of the purposes of having the Dominators use these arenas is to test their reusability and see which ones they excel in. We can definitely have this one rebuilt later minus the uh... glitches." Leader A replied. They both stopped in front of the closet when their watches lit up and opened identical messages.

"Interesting! According to the boss, Team Estrella has requested to have a special meeting with him tomorrow!" Leader B declared after pausing to read it. Her partner hummed in agreement.

"I wonder what for...? It's such a sudden request." Leader A thought aloud as he closed the message.

"Either way, we've got to prepare for their arrival. On top of making arrangements for the next Regionals tournament AND managing the Dominator's schedule..." She sighed heavily, "We should get a pay raise for all of this extra work!"

"Complaining certainly isn't going to get you that raise." Leader A laughed which surprised both David and Gigante. Usually their leaders and commanders were stoic. Leader B pouted childishly before clearing her throat and standing up straight.

"I guess it can't be helped. Let's get to work."

The two Leaders walked down the hallway and disappeared around the corner. The brothers waited to make sure the coast was clear before stumbling out of the broom closet. The moment David and Gigante exited the closet, Sting and Jake also emerged from the shadows of hallway adjacent to where they were hiding. The pairs both stared at each other in disbelief before Jake and Sting smiled.

"Well well well! Looks like we've got a couple of sewer rats scuttling around the broom closet!" Sting smirked. David sneered.

"Not as bad as you two greasy snakes slithering in the shadows."

"Where are you guys heading?" Jake asked stepping out into the hallway. David and Gigante exited the broom closet. David pointed to his cheek.

"Medical center. You?"

"Same. I slid against the concrete when I dove after my Venom Bite Serpent."

Jake held up his arms and the brothers winced. The skin was scraped off the underside and blood was slowly trickling out from multiple places. Gigante gagged and averted his gaze.

"W-We might as well go together then." The younger brother uttered weakly. Together they all walked down the hallway in silence. They mulled over their new findings with the intensions of discussing once they found someplace safe.