A Chip Off The Ol' Bey

(A/n: First off, let me thank you, dear reader, for taking the time to read this. I realize that there aren't many beywheels/ beyblade stories in the fandom. I do not take credit for Beywheelz, its characters, or any of its original content. I only take credit for my original characters, content, and plot. With that being said, please enjoy to the fullest extent! Reads, votes, and comments are received with great joy! And I hope its to your liking!)

She was always watching him, following him, learning from him. She wasn't like ordinary girls. On Christmas, when their parents bought them their due amounts of toys and goods, she passed over her fashionable dolls without so much as a glance and instead preferred to watch her older brother, Leo, play with his action figures over his shoulder. 

It's not that she didn't like girly things. She just liked things that peaked her interested. Boy things were way cooler and more versatile than girl things which had no draw to them other than the fact that they were colorful and appealing to the eye.

"Hey Dèvon! Play my new game with me!" Leo would call her over in an impatient voice that passed for his manner of endearment. Dèvon would run over and snuggle under her brother as they played an action packed, adventure filled, video game together.

It was when Leo turned 11 that the differences between the two siblings became more distinguished once Leo found his Beywheelz, Wild Mane Leone. It was a brisk autumn afternoon when they were out exploring the forest that the Fierce siblings stumbled upon a looming rock face. Devon noticed her brother tense as a strange sensation overcame him. It was almost as if, something was beckoning to him, guiding him.

At the top, Leon distinctly spotted something catching the sunlight and reflecting its beams.

"Wait here, Dev! I'll be right back!"He told his sister. She held on to his hand tighter.

"Wait, Leon! I'll come with you! We can go together!" Devon insisted. Leo knit his thick brows together into a frown before pulling his hand away for hers.

"Absolutely not! It's too dangerous for you to climb up. Besides, mom and dad would kill me if anything happened to you!" He confused in a matter-of-fact tone.

    Without waiting for any further protests from her, he began making his painstakingly slow climb up the steep wall. There were a few dangerous moments where he lost his footing making his sister's heart practically jump out of her chest. However, eventually he made it to the top, collected the mysterious artifact, then safely touched back onto solid ground.

He brushed the dirt from the round object and blew away what he could. It was golden like the rays of sunlight it reflected with a ferocious lion on the face.

"Its a bey! It says it's name is... 'Wild Mane Leone'... This is so cool!" Leon mumbled in awe. Dèvon furrowed her face at him.

"What? It spoke to you?"

"It did! It called out to me!" He beamed hugging it to his chest as if it were the most precious thing in the world to him. Dèvon wanted to take a closer look, but Leon held it beyond her reach.

"Nuh uh! You can't touch! You might break it!" He snapped before marching away. Dèvon watched his retreating back, puzzled. There'd never been a time where Leon had kept something from her. They usually shared everything!

Leon's union with Wild Mane Leone caused even more rapid changes in their relationship to follow. His sister noticed that he began to entertain her less and less and gravitate more towards practicing outside with his bey from the wee hours of the morning until dinner time. Soon after, he also became friends with two boys named Jin Ryou and Sho Tenma.