Do it For Her

"And where the heck were you?!" Leon demanded as Dèvon walked through the door. Leon, Sho, and Jin, were all standing there with their hands on their hips and impatient expressions on their face.

"I thought you were coming home to rest, Dèvon." Sho scowled.

"Yeah! And why did you leave me earlier?" Jin cut in. Dèvon unzipped her jacket and walked past them.

"Oi Dèvon! Are you even listening?! We're not done with you-"

"Guys! The craziest thing happened today! I met two brothers in the forest and I battled the older one. He was really good! The older brother's name was David and the younger was Gigante! I wonder if I'll see them again tomorrow!" She rambled excitedly. They were all astonished at the way her face suddenly lit up.

"Two brothers?"

"Battled?"

"Tomorrow?"

"Y-You're so excited..." Sho noted in a dejected tone. Dèvon's face fell as well.

"Whats wrong Sho...?"

"Well its just that... I wanted to battle you earlier and you turned me down, but some other boy wants to battle you and... you seem so happy and exhilarated about battling him! Did I do something wrong?" He asked sadly taking a step towards her. Dèvon's eyes widened as she looked over at Leon and Jin who were watching from the sidelines with similar expressions.

"What? No! Of course not Sho! Its just that... I feel like these past couple weeks since the Regionals things have just become so redundant and tedious."

"How so...?" Jin asked raising an eyebrow.

"We battle the same people, we do the same thing everyday. My mind was craving something different and I found it! For the first time in a while Bey wheeling felt fun again! Not like a chore! But... I still like battling against you guys the most." She assured them. A small tentative smile replaced Sho's frown.

"Especially me...?"

"Ugh! Sho! Get over yourself!" Leon groaned as he acted like he was choking.

"Shut up, Leon! I think its adorable!" She argued taking Sho's hand. He blushed furiously and lowered his head.

"Of coooourse you do..." Leon mumbled. Dèvon responded by elbowing him in the gut. Her brother grunted in pain as he collapsed to the floor. Jin kneeled next to him and laughed uncontrollably. Sho gripped Dèvon's hand tighter.

"You really think I'm adorable?" He whispered sheepishly. She smiled as a rosy blush dusted her cheeks.

"Absolutely." She answered back.

"What're you two over there whispering about?" Jin asked teasingly looking at their hands then at them.

"I-I was just telling Dèvon that we have a meeting with Ryan to discuss the World Bey Tournament on Monday." Sho lied.

"We do? I mean uhm... Yeah totally!" Dèvon responded. Sho palmed his face and shook his head.

"You stink at lying, Dev." Leon snickered throwing an arm around his little sister as they both chuckled.

"Hey Dev... You never answered my question. Why'd you leave me?" Jin asked indifferently.

"Well... You had all those girls around you and... They were being mean so I just left to avoid confrontation."

"Dèvon... I didn't know that they had been mean to you! As soon as you left I ran after you but you were gone!"

"I'm sorry okay? I just didn't know how to handle it. They obviously didn't want me there so I thought it'd be better to leave!" Dèvon snapped before storming upstairs and locking herself in her room.