Chapter 12

*Thornes POV*

I woke up with Iko jumping on my bed. I rub my eyes tiredly.

   "What are you doing?" I say, my voice still groggy.

   "We're getting a new friend! Come on come on come on! She's almost here!"

   "Oh. Our new friend is a girl?"

   "Yes but don't get any ideas mister. She's been through enough."

   "Well if she's cute I can't promise anything." I say winking.

   "Ugh your gross."

   "Thank you darlin."

Iko giggled. "Whatever just get up."

    *time skip*

Everyone was in the living room when we heard a knock on the door. Michelle, scarlets grandma and the one taking care of us all, went to the door. When she opened it a little girl stood there. She looked nervous. But she was still cute. She had her hair up in a tangled brown ponytail and the deepest brown eyes ever. I'll admit she was very pretty. I decided to take my chance. I walked to the door and took her hand.

   "Captain Carswell Thorne. Nice to meet you."

Then I kissed her hand but before my lips made contact with her hand she pulled it back and hid it behind her back. I looked at her wondering what that was for. She just looked away suddenly. Cress jumped into her dads arms.

   "Daddy!"

The doctor hugged her back and glared at me.

   "Watch it thorne. She's nervous and not ready for that." Scarlet said behind me, greeting the new girl.

   "Oh fine I won't......yet."

The girl looked away still hiding her hand. Suddenly I noticed something weird. She had a metal hand and leg.

   "I'm-..." she looked like she was thinking. "I'm cinder." She said holding her metal hand out. I took her hand and shook it. She seemed confident, more confident then before. I didn't get it but I liked her more for it.

   "We're going to be great friends one day." I say.

-------------------------------------------------
And there's the friendship we've been waiting for😉 next chapter will come soon don't worry.