Chapter 28

*Kais POV*

Stars above, I️ don't think I've ever been happier. I️ haven't seen my evil fiancé in a while, the love of my life is alive.

If only I️ could get out of this meeting....

Of course I️ had been drawing selene most of the time anyway but, it's still boring.

I️ tried to snap back into the meeting but there was no way. I️ was so far out of meeting Brain there was no getting back in. Hopefully Torin won't kill me.

A little more not paying attention went by till I️ suddenly heard everyone gasp at a picture on the screen.

"Breaking news: old maid punched the lunar princess?! How could she!"

I️ was a little confused though. Who could the maid be? And why was this coming up as urgent to me?

Not even a second later a picture flashed up on the screen. The only thing I️ did not want to see right now.

Selene. The love of my life. There. Punching Levana. The girl I'm being forced to marry. This really couldn't get any worse could it.

The meeting was soon dismissed and Torin rushed me to my office to take care of the "maid". I️ won't lie though, I️ was pretty excited to see selene again. Even if it was because she was in legal trouble.

"Well, we meet again." I️ said, probably a little too happily.

She only looked away. Almost as if she didn't want me to see her face.

"Selene?" I️ say, walking toward her. "What's wrong?"

She turned her head away as much as possible. It kind of hurts. To see the woman you love so broken.

"Selene-" I️ try to reach out to her jaw but she moves away.

"Kai I'm a monster. I️ don't deserve to be here. I️ don't deserve your pitty. I️ deserve whatever jail time I️m getting." She said, and I️ could tell that's exactly what she thought.

"Selene-" I️ said again, but was still cut off.

"No Kai, I️ told you what I️ deserve. So give it to me. Throw me in jail."

I️ couldn't do that. We both know I'd never be able to do that.

I️ gave her the same look I️ gave her the day her mom passed. Sorry, worry, with a little bit of 'I just want to make you feel better.'

"There is no way I️ can throw you in jail. That may be what you think you deserve but I️ love you. And I️ see the side of you that you just don't see. The amazing side. The side that was only protecting yourself. The side that deserves the world and so so much more. And at the end of the day I️ am the emperor, not you. So, it is my choice." I️ said, finally taking charge.

I'm not sure what went on in her head but something I️ said must've sparked something because next thing I️ know her hand was wrinkling up my shirt and my lips were on hers. But this time, she couldn't pull away. I️ was holding her. And I️ was determined not to let her go this time.

————————————————————————
Hello again lovelies! Here's another chapter for anybody who wanted one. Also, I️ feel like this story may be going a little downhill. It's not as interesting as I️ wish it was. So with that said, if anyone still reads this and wants me to keep updating please let me know. Thanks for reading!

Love at second sightजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें