Chapter 22

Okay so this chapter is happening before the last one, mainly kai's point of view of the conference.

*kais pov*

It was the morning after the big engagement. I woke up happily to the love of my life, selene.

I instantly shot up in my bed. Selene? Did I really just think of Selene as the love of my life? I try to calm down. I can't keep thinking about her, she's gone.

I look away sadly, tears clouding my vision. She's not coming back. I'm with levana. No, I'm engaged to levana.

I glance over to levana, or her spot. I notice she is not there, but she did leave a note.

"Sugar, I left to get my wedding dress. Which you can't see. Love, your gorgeous fiancé"

I lay back with a sigh and continue trying to distract myself from Selene. She's gone. Forever. I'll never get my best friend back. I'll never see the one person I love ever again.

I turn to my nightstand and pull out an old picture. Three year old Selene, and five year old me, meeting for the first time. I chuckled to myself. She looked so shy.

Stars I would do anything to see her again.

Tears are now rolling down my face. I glance at the time and realize I've been thinking about Selene for almost an hour now.

I suddenly hear a knock come from my door. I wipe off my tears, trying to make it look like I wasn't just crying.

Too scared to test my voice, I walk to the door and open it to a familiar face.

"Hi sugar!" Levana walked in and kissed my cheek.

"Oh, hello love." I said after clearing my throat.

"Sugar, why aren't you ready? We have our press conference in an hour, remember?"

Shoot, I knew I was forgetting something.

"I-um......was just about to go do that." I walked into my closet and changed into my clothes for the day.

After getting ready, I walk out and take levana's hand.

"Let's do this love." I smiled at her, not a genuine smile. But she doesn't know the difference.

She walks ahead of me, going straight to the conference. I sigh before walking in.

Here's where I make a huge mistake. I think before announcing my mistake to the world.

------------------------------—---------------------
Here's an update! Sorry I haven't been sticking to a schedule I've been distracted with things going on but I'll try to update more. Let me know what you think!