Chapter 31

*cinder's POV*

I woke up early that next day, not sure of where I was or how I had gotten there. All I remember from the night before is sitting in Kai's office talking until my eyes fluttered shut.

  I smiled softly at the memory of our long talk as I looked around the room, trying to figure out where I was. The room was fairly large, or maybe just large in comparison to all the tiny rooms I'm used to. There was a wall, fully filled with floor to ceiling windows, and gorgeous curtains covering them. I only saw a peak of the early morning sunrise and I already fell in love.

  I'm assuming something on my face was showing every thought I was having because soon after I heard a small whisper.

  "I knew you'd like the view. The sunrise always reminded me of you."

I looked over to see a sleep deprived kai smiling back at me like his world was suddenly at peace. I'm guessing something in my face changed when he said this, but I'll admit, the attention he paid to me was nice sometimes.

  "Oh you-...you fell asleep in the office last night, I couldn't just leave you there. I was really hoping this wouldn't be too awkward."

  Even though the lighting in the room was minimal, I could still see the small blush creep up his neck. I chuckled softly.

  "No, it's sweet actually. I appreciate that you care for me like that."

  "Well, duh. How many times have I said 'I love you'?"

  I took a moment to think. His smile grew.

  "Exactly." He reached over to pull me into his arms. Stars, this is home, he is home.

  His soft whisper against my ear pulled me out of thought.

  "Can I take you on a date today? Just us, doing something fun. The way we used to." I could practically hear the smile on his lips. I was hoping he could sense mine as well.

  "Well, I don't see why not. Although, you're kinda still engaged..."

I could tell that isn't what he wanted to hear.

  "I'll take care of that, remember? Just, please. One date? For me?"

  I couldn't say no to his adorable begging, and I'm sure he knew that just as well as I did.

  "Fine. Just one date. Then you seriously need to talk to levana."

  His arms tightened around my waist as his smile grew against my cheek.

  "Got it," he whispered as his lips grazed my cheek.

  I never wanted this moment to end. Everything about it was perfect.

  But sadly, something in the back of my mind knew this was a terrible idea.

——————————————————————
Okay so...I'm posting another! Cause why not! I hope you guys liked the little Kaider moment happening in this one, it definitely made me smile, just as I hope it did for you! Let me know what you think lovelies! Thank you so much for reading!