Chapter 25

*cinder's POV*

I stepped off the maglev to a crowd of people, and a wide smile on my face. I'm so close to him.

"Bye cinder!" I turn to see peony waving to me.

  "Bye peony" I wave back.

I turn back to the crowd of faces and see the palace in the distance.

"I'm coming Kai" I whisper to myself as I dash to the palace.

•~time skip~•

After a crowded run, I finally get to the stairs of the palace. Surely my ID will work, right?

As I stare at the stairs I start to worry. What if Kai doesn't remember me? What if he hates me?

I dismiss the thoughts and scan my wrist, hoping to Luna this works.

The gate doesn't budge.

I swiped it again, and again, and again.

Still nothing.

I lost hope and turned to the stairs with my heart breaking. I'll never see Kai again. My chance is gone.

Suddenly I hear the gates roll open behind me. I turn around to see a figure, in a grey hoodie. Kai.

After a second of staring, I realize he was just doing the same thing. I look away quick, finally seeing how stupid this whole idea is.

I hear him walk closer to me and then see his feet standing in front of mine.

"E-excuse me." I say trying to sound like someone else. I felt a hand lift my chin, forcing me to look into the copper brown eyes I've been dreaming of seeing.

I feel the air leave my lungs as he stares into my eyes.

"S-selene?" He says, on the verge of tears.

I stare at him for a while before I force myself to look away. He moves his hand away and takes a step back.

I look up at him again and see a tear rolling down his cheek. My heart breaks.

I take a breath and gather the courage to speak.

"Your arms are a little too long for your body."

----------------------------------------------------
Hello again! Sorry I've been gone for so long. I'm finishing up my Freshman year and it's been hectic. But here's another chapter! I'll try to update tomorrow as well. Tell me what you think about the reunion!