Special

Kiko looked as the Seijoh team played on. She had to admit they certain were an exceptionally playing team. The dark-haired boy was called Iwaizumi and was the ace of the team. Aiko Iwaizumi must be his sister. Those two looked nothing alike. Whilst, Aiko looked cheerful, Iwaizumi looked scary. Kiko had managed to learn all the player's name as they played. It was amazing how they co-ordinated themselves as a team. When Iwaizumi spiked the ball and Matsuwaka was unable to block it, the libero, Watari managed to receive the ball. One player who stood out in particular was Oikawa Toru. Kiko watched as Kindachi was unable to spike the ball. Kindaichi told him something. Oikawa just smiled.

"Do the same thing just once more." He said with a cheerful smile. Kindaichi looked horrified as once again he ran up and this time the setter and the spiker's timing matched perfectly. It was a beautiful spike but it had all been because of Oikawa's perfect tossing. Kindaichi smiled proudly whilst Oikawa hit him hardly on the back saying how brilliantly Kindaichi had spiked. As Oikawa prepared for his serve, Shigeru Yahaba warned,

"Last time, you were here, when he served, you ended up with a bad bruise." Kiko lightly smiled at Shigeru and taking his advice moved slightly away from Oikawa. She watched amazed as Oikawa jumped and then suddenly the ball was at the other end of the court. It was more like a spike than a serve. Even more, it had been in. His team mates praised him and Oikawa just stood proudly.

"See Tobio-Chan, I am much better than you!" he shouted which earned him a glare from Iwaizumi.

"Well done, Trasykawa," he told him as he powerfully hit his back much to the terror of Oikawa.

"Iwa-chan! That hurt!" Oikawa whined.

Kiko looked up to see some girls squealing.

"Don't mind them. They're just Oikawa's fan girls!" Hanamaki said. Kiko looked at him.

"To be honest we were not sure whether to have a manager because of Oikawa. In the past years, when we did have a manager, they didn't really focus on the team but just tried to be close with Oikawa." He continued.

Kiko watched as Oikawa flashed a smile at his fan girls and then immediately looked at the floor. She suddenly felt hopeless as she realised how popular Oikawa really was. Even if she did want to be close to him, it was impossible that he would love her back. She really had no chance. She was barely noticed and unpopular. The whistle rang for the end of practice. After getting changed back into her uniform, Kiko took her bag and began to walk back home. As she walked past the gymnasium, she heard loud thuds as the ball pressed heavily against the ground. The boys could not hear these sounds as their changing rooms were further. Kiko slowly walked in and as she did she saw a red-faced Oikawa breathing heavily and holding onto his legs. He had offered to pack up but he was using the time to practice. Kiko grabbing one of the yellow water bottles beside her offered it to her. She slowly walked beside him and gave him the bottle.

"You must be exhausted!" she said. Oikawa looked up at her then immediately began looking worried.

"Please! Don't tell Iwaizumi! He'd kill me!" he exclaimed. Kiko immediately understood that he was practicing without anybody knowing and that he was not allowed to.

"I won't," Kiko said as Oikawa gratefully accepted the waterbottle. Kiko looked at Oikawa as he drank the water. He looked like he was in pain and tired. Why was he practicing so much even when he was exhausted?

"Aren't you exhausted?" Kiko asked. Oikawa looked at her and then stood up straight.

"I need to lead my team well so we can beat Ushiwaka-chan. The team with the stronger six wins and do I need to practice a lot to become stronger."

Kiko stared at him in amazement. His determination was what shocked her.

"You're already a really good player, Oikawa-san. As setter and control tower of your team, you already make your team exceptionally strong." Kiko said.

Oikawa stared at her. Many of his team mates and fan girls had called Oikawa a good player but those same words coming from Kiko's mouth, made Oikawa so happy and excited. For once, he did not feel unsure of himself. Kiko's words sounded so honest. Oikawa did not usually do this but for once he looked down at the floor.

Kiko looked at him. She was surprised that Oikawa was now looking at the floor. He expected Oikawa to be very confident.

"Thank you," he mumbled as he felt his cheeks flushing.

Kiko felt herself blush as well.

"You're welcome," she stammered.

Oikawa looked at Kiko and smiled. Suddenly, he jumped as he heard the door slam open.

"Trashykawa! You were meant to pack up!" Iwaizumi shouted, "You were practicing late again, weren't you!" He began to approach Oikawa with his fist ready to punch his face.

"No, Iwaizumi!" Kiko exclaimed, "I...erm...was discussing the results with Oikawa and giving him advice on how to improve is serve. He just tried it out and it was perfect!" Oikawa stared at Kiko. Iwaizumi paused.

"Okay, then Miyako-San," he said, "Would you mind helping me and Oikawa pack up?"

Kiko shook her head and then went to collect all the balls that Oikawa had used. Oikawa went to untie the net. Iwaizumi stared at the two disbelievingly. He knew that Oikawa had been over practicing and that Kiko had been telling the truth yet he noticed a change in Oikawa. He was more calm. The only time he was calm was during a volleyball match but he had never been as calm as this. Iwaizumi glanced at Kiko then back at Oikawa. Could it have been because of Kiko? It certainly had shocked him when Oikawa had offered to take her to the medical room and he noticed Oikawa glance at Kiko a couple of times. Kiko had never seemed to take notice of him though so it was strange that she would lie for Oikawa. Iwaizumi smiled to himself. Oikawa did not usually take notice of a girl so much and Kiko had not one of Oikawa's fan girls like the other managers. Kiko certainly was special.