Friendship

The next day, Oikawa came early to volleyball practice and began to set up. He knew the others did not usually come that early but usually Iwaizumi came earlier. Oikawa was right. Iwaizumi arrived shortly after Oikawa had prepared for volleyball practice.

"I see you're early, Trashykawa," Iwaizumi said.

"Hello, Iwaizumi-san," Oikawa replied sadly.

Iwaizumi knew something was wrong. Oikawa never called him 'Iwaizumi-san'.

"Oikawa, is everything alright?" Iwaizumi asked.

Oikawa swiftly turned around.

"Iwa-chan," Oikawa said angrily, "Why can't you be happy for me and Kiko?"

Iwaizumi stared at him.

"What do you mean?" Iwaizumi asked preparing a fist.

"Yesterday, outside the sweet shop, you and the rest of the team were talking about how all of you hated that I was with Kiko," Oikawa said.

Iwaizumi stared at him.

"Trashykawa-" he began.

"When you told me that you thought Kiko was pretty, I dismissed it," Oikawa said, "I didn't actually think you'd hate me for loving her,"

Iwaizumi looked at Oikawa.

"That's it," he exclaimed as he headbutted Oikawa in the nose. Oikawa fell back holding onto his nose.

"Yesterday, I was at the sweetshop with my sister because I thought that it would be better if I went with her because it was dark,"

Oikawa stared at him. He held onto his bleeding nose. He felt like he had made a huge mistake.

"Iwa-" he began.

"I had come out when I saw the rest of the team. I caught up with them and we just talked about how we were and volleyball," Iwaizumi said rather annoyed. Iwaizumi stopped.

"Were the others talking about you and Kiko?" he asked. Oikawa nodded.

"I heard them talking about how annoyed they were with me because I was with Kiko,"

Iwaizumi looked at him shocked.

"When I saw you with them, I thought you hated me as well," Oikawa said quietly, "Sorry, Iwa-chan,"

Iwaizumi stretched an arm to help Oikawa up.

"Let's get your nose sorted out, Trashykawa," he said softly.

"Trashykawa. Is that the only insult you know?" Oikawa asked.

"Do you want me to smash a volleyball in your face?" Iwaizumi asked. Oikawa shook his head quickly as the two friends walked off. The rest of the team saw the two. Oikawa had not realised they were there but Iwaizumi turned around and glared at them.