Jealous

It was finally training camp and Kiko stood proudly with the Seijoh Volleyball team. The training camp basically just consisted of multiple matches between the schools. The first match had been between Seijoh and Tokonami. Seijoh won by winning the first two sets. As Kiko was calculating the team's results, she heard whispers nearby. Somebody tapped her on the back and Kiko turned to face a boy with spiky blond hair and another with messy brown hair. She smiled at them.

"Yes?" she said.

"Erm...we were just wondering whether we could have your number?"

Kiko was shocked. Not many people just asked for her number but she knew she could not give her number to people she did not know.

"Erm..." Kiko stuttered.

Iwaizumi watching this scene from the distance glanced worriedly at Oikawa who was also staring and looking quite annoyed. Oikawa quickly strode to where Kiko and the Johzenji players were standing.

"She doesn't want to." Oikawa stated sounding annoyed. The boy with spiky blond hair turned his head.

"And why is this?"

Iwaizumi could feel the heat building. He quickly handed some water bottles to Kiko.

"Go give these to the rest of the team over there." He said. Kiko immediately left doing as told. Iwaizumi put a hand on Oikawa's shoulder.

"Oikawa," he said sending a glare to the Johzenji players, "Let's go back to the rest of the team."

Whilst the team were cooling down, Oikawa did not say a word. The team were very worried for him.

"Did the Johzenji players say anything really bad?" Hanamaki asked pulling a fist and hitting it slowly against his other hand. Iwaizumi shook his head. Kiko watched Oikawa as he drank his water. She felt that she should have done something when the Johzenji players asked for her number instead of getting Oikawa involved.

The team had a second practice match, this time with Date Tech High and their famous Iron Brick Wall. Kiko felt exceptionally frightened by one of the players who was very tall with white hair and seemingly no eyebrows. The game began with Oikawa's serve. Kiko gasped. She had never seen Oikawa hit the ball so powerfully. His serve usually had a lot of power but that serve was so much more powerful. The rest of Seijoh's team stared at Oikawa whilst Oikawa went back for another serve but this time it had less power. Iwaizumi suddenly feeling anxious for his friend said quietly,

"Calm down, Oikawa."

Yet, Oikawa's serve was still as powerful. Even though this was ideal, the rest of his team could see that Oikawa was in fact in pain. Finally, his sixth serve hit the net and the court rotation changed. Oikawa looked at his hands and then at Kiko who was staring at him frightened. Suddenly, he felt guilty. He had let his anger take control of him. He looked around at his team mates who were giving worried glances in between each other. Fortunately, Seijoh also won this match. Oikawa sat on the bench breathing in and out exhausted from the game. He usually did not get so exhausted quickly but he had just used up too much energy in his serves and spikes.

"You tossed really well, Oikawa-San."

Oikawa turned to see who had just talked. He stared at Kiko who was now offering him a yellow water bottle.

"Oh, thanks!" he said with a smile.

There was a pause and suddenly Kiko said,

"Thanks for saving me earlier,"

Oikawa looked up.

"No problem!" he exclaimed. He remembered how jealous he felt when Yuji Terushima and Kazuma Bobata from Johzenji high had been talking with Kiko and asking for her number. He almost felt himself worrying she might give it to them. As Kiko turned to leave, Oikawa grabbed her hand. Kiko surprised by this paused and had to stop herself from blushing.

"Tomorrow, the team has an afternoon to rest and have some free time. I was just wondering whether you would like to spend some time...erm...talking about Handa-kun and manga."

Kiko's face immediately lit up. Not many people in her class read manga and she did not have many friends to talk to this about.

"Yes!" she stammered as she walked away. Oikawa smiled. As well as reading the manga volumes she had lent him, he had also brought his own to read more manga and talk to Kiko about. Even though, he did not have much time to read the manga, he made sure he did to try and impress Kiko. Now, he just had to stay up watching the rest of the season on the anime.