Honest

Kiko grabbed her bag.

"Kiko! Wait!" Iwaizumi exclaimed, "It's dark! Let me walk you home!"

Kiko smiled, "It doesn't matter Iwaizumi-san, I'll walk by myself!" she replied.

"Kiko! It's getting really dark. It would be better if we walk together!" he exclaimed.

"Okay! Thanks!" Kiko said.

Iwaizumi smiled. He knew Oikawa would walk back with him as well. Oikawa said that he and Miyako lived very close to each other. Iwaizumi lived a few roads away. As soon as Iwaizumi got home, it would just be Oikawa and Miyako.

"Iwaizumi, have you got everything?" Oikawa answered looking through his bag.

"Yes," Iwaizumi replied, "Miyako-San will be joining us today."

Oikawa looked up and then smiled. Though he tried not to show it, he was very excited. They walked to Iwaizumi's house talking about volleyball and telling Kiko about how they face Shiratorizawa every year but never win against them. Finally, they reached Iwaizumi's house.

"Bye, Iwaizumi-San," Miyako waved.

"See you tomorrow, Iwa-chan!" Oikawa said rather enthusiastically.

"Oi! Trashykawa, don't watch too many volleyball match videos!"

Oikawa grinned and nodded.

After walking a few houses away from Iwaizumi's house, Oikawa suddenly asked,

"What made you want to join the volleyball club?"

Kiko thought for a moment. To be honest, she had not been planning to join the club. She had just accepted when Aiko Iwaizumi had asked her.

"I don't know. I like volleyball because of an anime I watched and so I just decided to become the manager of the volleyball club." She answered.

Oikawa felt a little sad. For some reason, he had wanted her to say that she joined because she really liked the setter on the team but Kiko was not the type of girl to say that. They continued. It was silent. Kiko was normally quiet but for Oikawa it was weird.

"What do you like doing?" Oikawa asked trying to break the unfamiliar silence.

"I enjoy reading and drawing," Kiko answered, "You?"

"Volleyball, volleyball and volleyball!" he shouted.

A man suddenly ran out of his shop and shouted, "Keep it down you two!"

Kiko and Oikawa ran off. Oikawa's heart fluttered as Kiko laughed. Oikawa wanted to talk to her more.

"Erm...so what do you read?" he asked putting on his most charming smile.

"Manga," Kiko replied simply also smiling sweetly.

"Oh..." Oikawa replied wondering what he should say next, "I've been thinking of getting into manga. Do you have any you recommend?" he continued stammering.

Kiko thought for a moment.

"I quite like Handa-Kun. I've got the manga. I could lend them to you on Monday!" Kiko offered.

Oikawa lit up.

"Oh...Thanks!"

Kiko smiled and Oikawa felt his heart flutter once again. After dropping Kiko off at her house, Oikawa walked back home overjoyed by the simple fact he had talked with her. As he tossed his volleyball into the air, all he could think about was her. Her smile. Her laugh. Her voice.

"You're already a good player, Oikawa-San," He remembered her words and how happy he felt when she said them.

Kiko was in her room writing out the day's volleyball results. She was wondering how a someone obsessed with volleyball as Oikawa have time to read manga. She had been quite surprised when he had asked but had not shown it. Suddenly her phone rang. It was a text from Kindaichi. She only had Kindaich's number from the volleyball club because they were in the same class.

Hey Miyako-San!

Oikawa just sent us all texts concerning the training camp with Wakutani South High, Johzenji High and Tokanami High which is going to take place next week. He didn't have your number so he asked you to text whether you're able to come to this number.

Oikawa heard his phone ring. Frantically he took the phone and read the message.

Yes, I can come, Oikawa-San

Oikawa read the message and then jumped up and down in delight. He had her number. He saved her into his contacts happily. He had been too nervous to ask for it when they had been walking. Suddenly, Oikawa's phone rang again. It was Iwaizumi.

So, Trashykawa, did you get her number?

Oikawa quickly replied.

What on earth are you talking about?

You know who!

Who?

Kiko!

Maybe.

Trashykawa!

Oikawa smiled. Iwaizumi just knew him too well.