Energy

Dear Coach Irihata,

I would like to resign as the manager of the Boys Volleyball Club.

Kiko Miyako

First Year Class 6

Everybody in the volleyball club stared at the letter. Oikawa could not believe it. Why would Kiko leave? Some players only enjoyed volleyball club because she was there. Oikawa felt like Kiko had left him. He felt tears form in his eye.

"Coach!" he quickly called, "I forgot my water bottle. Can I go get it?"

The coach nodded his head. He thought this might happen. Iwaizumi knew very well his friend had not left his water bottle because he had seen him with it earlier. Oikawa ran and ran. Kiko usually walked home alone but not too quickly. He could kae it if he ran really fast. He ran faster than he had ever done before. Finally, he saw a young girl with black, silky hiar walk slowly in front of him.

"Kiko!" he shouted. Kiko turned then suddenly quickened her pace.

"Do you mind?" the same man from a few weeks earlier ran out of his shop shouted. Oikawa ran even faster. He was exhausted and in pain but he knew it would all go away when he was Kiko. Finally, he caught up with her and pushed her gently against a wall so she could not run away.

"Oikawa!" she exclaimed scared.

"Why did you leave Kiko?" Oikawa asked gently. Kiko looked down.

"For you?" Kiko said quietly. Oikawa was confused and angry.

"What do you mean for you?" Oikawa asked angrily. Kiko looked into Oikawa's brown eyes making Oikawa's heart flutter.

"Coach said that ever since I came to the club, you have not been making much progress in the club," Kiko continued quietly.

Oikawa stared at her.

"You are my energy Kiko, it's not you. I have not been progressing so much because of-"

"Your bad knee," Kiko said.

Oikawa stared at her.

"How do you know?" Oikawa asked astonished.

"I realised you were always weak on your right knee when you received," she said.Oikawa stared at her. She really was confident.

"But Oikawa," she continued, "It's your exhaustion which is making you lose progress. You have a lot of potential. Don't lose it all by over working yourself,"

"But I need to beat Ushijima," Oikawa said quietly.

"In a team, there are six players. The stronger six wins," Kiko said gently, "During volleyball club, the work you all do together is what helps you win not what one does themselves. When you exhaust yourself, you're not performing to your full potential and Oikawa-san you've got a lot of potential,"

Oikawa stared at Kiko and then smiled at her. He pushed her against the wall and Kiko leaned back as Oikawa leant closer. Suddenly, Kiko pushed Oikawa away.

"You should be at volleyball club!" she exclaimed. Oikawa slapped his forehead. Seeing Kiko had made himself forget completely about volleyball club. Oikawa started to walk away when he turned suddenly and asked,

"Aren't you coming back?"

Kiko shook her head.

"I don't think Coach would be so happy,"

Oikawa pouted.

"But I'd never get to see you a lot!" he whined.

Kiko smiled at him sadly. Suddenly, Oikawa exclaimed as he ran off,

"Meet up with me at the cafe tomorrow at nine!"

He did not give Kiko time to reply as she stayed there astonished.

Oikawa arrived back at the gym looking rather happy.

"You took a lot of time!" the coach said angrily.

"Ah...yes coach...the thing is my water bottle was...well...on the other side of the field," he stuttered.

"And I see you don't have it either," Coach Mizoguchi pointed out.

"Ah...good point...very good...interesting point...did I mention it was a good point?"

"Just start warming up," the coach said rather annoyed.

The coach knew that Oikawa had went to meet the girl. Oikawa usually just borrowed a spare water bottle from one of his team mate and even to get to the field and back it did not take that long.

The rest of Oikawa's team mates knew very well that he had gone to see Kiko. He looked rather smug. Kindaichi hid his annoyance at Oikawa. He had been happy that Kiko had left because Oikawa and Kiko would not see each other so much and Kindaichi could see her a lot in class and make him lover her but now Oikawa had met Kiko and seemed rather happy. Kindaichi hated this. He watched jealously as Oikawa served the best serve he had ever seen. Everybody was surprised by Oikawa's sudden progress and asked him how he did it.

"Just feel good today!" he would reply but only he knew that it was because he had Kiko. His energy.