Guilty

Kindaichi and Kiko sat in the café. As Kindaichi had went to get something, Kiko had seen Oikawa run out of the shop. He had been looking at her. Kiko did not think that Oikawa had noticed but most of the high school girls in the café had been staring at him and whispering among themselves. She did not know why but she felt herself get jealous.

She did not know why she felt this. She remembered seeing him on the school field on the first day and almost feeling jealous of how popular he was. Yet as time went on and Kiko joined the volleyball club, whenever she was around Oikawa she felt excited and ... complete.

"Oikawa," she whispered.

"Eh?" Kindaichi asked feeling sad that Kiko would mention Oikawa.

"Sorry, Kindaichi!" she exclaimed as she grabbed her bag, "I need to go!"

Kiko ran out of the shop. She did not know where Oikawa had gone but she knew he was probably somewhere in the sports department or had gone home. Home was too far away. She ran to the nearest sports shop and into the volleyball aisle. There she saw Oikawa.

"Oikawa," she whispered softly.

"Erm...I just remembered, I've got to do something!" Iwaizumi exclaimed as he ran out of the shop.

Oikawa looked at Kiko. His eyes were glassy but serious.

"Kiko..." he said.

"Why are you upset, Oikawa-San?" she asked gently.

Oikawa was screaming inside. How could he possible say it was her? She was with Kindaichi. How could he say that he loved Kiko but she was with someone else.

"I just felt sick," he said quietly.

"Oh," Kiko nodded her head.

"I saw you with Kindaichi," he said gently.

"Yeah," she said.

"A date, I guess?" he said.

"Kindaichi asked and he's a really good person," Kiko said.

Oikawa held back more tears. She did not love him after all.

"Do you like him?" he asked.

"I don't know," Kiko said, "I see him more as a really good friend,"

Oikawa's face lit up.

"So, why did you come on a date with him," he asked hopefully.

"I don't want to hurt him," she whispered.

Oikawa nodded his head. She was like him. She did not want to hurt anyone.

Oikawa gently took Kiko's hand. Kiko stood still. Oikawa blushed. Suddenly, Kiko realised how she felt about Oikawa. She was in love with him. He was the most special and great person to her.

"Oikawa-San," Kiko whispered. They looked deeply into each other's eyes.

"I..." Oikawa mumbled. Kiko could feel her cheeks turning red. What was he going to say? What was he going to do. She got more and more nervous. Oikawa, being observant, noticed this and asked gently,

"What is it, Kiko?"

Kiko was shocked when he used her first name. He usually called her 'Miyako-San' which was strange since he called everybody else by their first name other than Iwaizumi. Suddenly, Kiko's phone rang as Kiko let go off Oikawa's hand to see the text,

"Oh, it's Bokuto," she said still stunned by Oikawa's sudden actions.

Oikawa stared at the beautiful girl in front of him. How could she not know? And now there's Bokuto?

"Bokuto – the fourth top volleyball ace in Japan," he asked sadly.

Kiko nodded her head.

Suddenly, Oikawa grabbed Kiko's arm this time harder. Kiko stopped herself from shrieking in pain. Oikawa pulled her over to a corner. Kiko was in pain.

"How can you not realise?" Oikawa whispered. He looked into her wide, dark eyes. He saw pain and immediately felt guilty. He let go off Kiko's arm to see a bruise forming. Kiko looked at it astonished and then stared at Oikawa astonished and scared.

"Oikawa..." she began.

Oikawa could not believe what he had done. He had hurt Kiko.

"Kiko," Oikawa said, "I-I'm s-s-sorry!"

Kiko smiled sadly at Oikawa and Oikawa walked away softly crying.

Iwaizumi was shocked watching this from a distance. Why was Oikawa behaving like this? He shook his head. Usually, Oikawa was good in this matter when he advised his team mates but when it came to him, Oikawa was helpless. Iwaizumi just had to take things into his own hands.