Needed

Oikawa served the ball with all his power. The ball barely made the back line and his teammates were shocked by how powerful the serve was. Oikawa looked up to see a sad looking Kiko. He had felt as if he had hurt her but it was because he was hurt. He realised Kiko was not looking at him and noticed that Iwaizumi was on the stands. Kiko smiled at Iwaizumi and handed him a brown bag. Iwaizumi nodded as he left. Oikawa felt even worse as he realised maybe Kiko did not love him anymore but saw him as a mere friend. As soon as volleyball practice ended, Oikawa quickly got changed and did not wait for Iwaizumi. Instead, he ran as quickly. He was hungry and decided to go to the shop nearby to eat something when he noticed Kiko running followed closely by Iwaizumi. When Kiko slipped, Iwaizumi reached out a hand to help her.

"Kiko!" somebody shouted. Iwaizumi suddenly felt his arm hurt when he realised somebody had karate chopped him. He looked up to face an angry Oikawa.

"Trashykawa!" he shouted, "What on earth are you doing?"

"Helping my Kiko up," he said as he reached out his hand to Kiko.

Kiko stared at Oikawa. She stood up and watched as Oikawa walked off.

Iwaizumi stared at his friend as he left him and Kiko.

The next day, Iwaizumi waved Kiko over to the seat beside him. There they discussed about volleyball and the team. As they got off, they noticed Hanamaki and Matsukawa.

"Where's Oikawa?" Hanamaki asked surprised to see Kiko and Iwaizumi together. Matsukawa suddenly looked ahead seeming a bit worried. Kiko and Iwaizumi turned their heads to face Oikawa. He ignored them as he walked off.

Oikawa could not look at Kiko. He still felt guilty about hurting her but he remembered the sadness and hopelessness he felt when he looked at the poster. Every time they were together, there was always a problem. Maybe they were not meant for each other.

"Oikawa,"

He turned to face Iwaizumi. Iwaizumi handed him a brown bag and a note. Oikawa looked at his friend as Iwaizumi walked off.

Oikawa unfolded the note.

Sorry, Oikawa-san!

He recognised Kiko's handwriting. Oikawa felt happy but he remembered that whenever one of them apologised something bag happened again. He folded up the note and opened the brown bag where he felt the delicious smell of the milk bread. He found another note inside.

I made the myself!

Oikawa smiled to himself.

Kiko felt terrible. She had never thought that the friendly hug between her and Bokuto would cause such a problem. She knew she must have hurt Oikawa. She remembered when he had called her his. Oikawa truly loved and she did as well but it was not working. They were not meant to be. He had made him the milk bread and wrote him the note yet she felt that familiar feeling that she did not deserve him. Oikawa was just too great. Her friend, Hinata, had called Oikawa 'the grand king' but however much Kiko loved Oikawa, she could never be his queen.

Oikawa walked out onto the field where he saw Kiko sitting down. Her black hair flying in the wind.

"Kiko," he called gently.

Kiko turned around to face Oikawa. She smiled sadly at him. They sat there for some time staring into the sky. Kiko suddenly asked sadly,

"Do you think we were ever meant to be together?"

Oikawa was surprised. It was the same question he had been thinking about. After some time, Oikawa replied sadly,

"I feel incomplete without you, Kiko but there is always a problem when we're together,"

Kiko looked sadly at Oikawa. She felt incomplete without him as well but she did deserve him.

"Maybe," she said with tears flowing down her cheek, "It's time to say goodbye,"

Oikawa looked at Kiko holding back his tears. Kiko was the one he loved but they could never be together. Their love came with hurt.

Kiko got up and walked away.

Oikawa watched the one he loved leave him as he stood up and walked the opposite direction.

Iwaizumi stared at the two. He knew how powerful their love was and as much as the two tried, it could never be broken. The two needed each other.