"don't you trust me?"

Vega

"Alright, now shift." Emmett yelled as he held onto a handle in his jeep, "I said shift, Vega!"

"I am shifting, what the hell do you think I'm doing." I said frustrated, banging on the steering wheel, slamming onto the break. "I told you I've never done this before."

"I'm-I'm sorry for yelling at you, I've never done this before either," He said looking regretful, "We are gonna take this slow. Now, gently shift gears, okay?"

"Okay," I told him before I took a deep breath before doing what he'd said

"Perfect, Vega. Now turn into this empty lot over here." He said, pointing to a dark corner of the street to the left of us.

"Wha-why?" I asked worriedly, "maybe we shouldn't."

"I'm, I'm not gonna do anything to you, Vega. I was gonna get back behind the wheel." He said his voice cracking, "don't you trust me?"

_

Emmett

"...don't you trust me?" I asked my voice cracking; I know whatever we have is really early but still.

"Uh," she said looking anywhere, but me, "I don't really know you to be fair and the last time a guy took me to a dark place he tried to kill me, and it didn't end well."

I could feel my eyebrows come together at her confession, "what are you talking about?" I asked her as she put the car in park.

She gave a sad smile, before looking up at the moon, "look, Emmett, I haven't been alive for too long, not nearly as long as you or my dad, but I've been through some pretty dangerous shit, so has my brother."

I took her hand from her lap, "you know you can tell me anything right?"

She looked at me finally, "I'm sure I can, but we not that good of friends yet," she told me, trying to lighten the mood a bit but I think she could tell that it wasn't working. "I trust you, Emmett, I just don't trust myself."

_

"Thanks for the lesson," Vega said looking at her house from inside my jeep after I took over driving, we just cruised around silently, not much had been said since her confession. There was nothing that could be said. "My dad will be grateful that he didn't have to sacrifice himself to my antics."

"No problem. Any time you wanna get behind the wheel again just call me," I told her honestly.

"I feel like I should apologize, but I don't know what for." She said I could feel her eyes on me, "I'm sorry if I offended, but I was raised to never trust other vampires and sometimes not to even trust myself."

"Vega," I said turning towards her, "you don't have to apologize for anything. But, I want to understand why you think you can't trust yourself, especially around me."

"That's a story for another time, friend." She said putting her hand on the handle.

Just know that I trust enough for the both of us, okay." I told her, my eyes searching hers for just a little bit of belief.

"I believe you, Emmett. Thank you," she said, giving me a warm and truthful smile. It was so real, I almost believed it.

_

I took a deep breath before I walked onto the patio of my home, "Rosalie, can I talk to you for a sec?" She looked into the distance for a while before looking at me and giving me a curt nod.

"What's up, Em?" She asked lowly as I sat beside her. She'd been in Alaska with our cousins since the incident at the Grey's house.

"I'm sorry," I told her, "I'm sorry for how I've only been thinking of myself in this entire situation and I understand why you did it, I truly understand it now and I forgive for everything in the past. I only hope that you can forgive me for how I've been treating you lately."