"perfect..."

Emmett

I starred at the papers in my hand as my mind raced, I looked at my wife, her face showing the pain that her heartfelt

I starred at the papers in my hand as my mind raced, I looked at my wife, her face showing the pain that her heartfelt. "Em," she said as she sat next to me, "what does this mean for us?"

I took a deep breath before closing my eyes and tearing up the divorce papers, "though you lied to me about this, I think I understand why you did... or at least I think I want too. And, I've been thinking a lot and talking to Edward a lot, maybe I shouldn't give up on this for a small chance of being with her."

"Does that mean?" She asked, unsure. I stood up and nodded my head, taking my hand in hers.

"Yeah, I want to give us a try, again," I told her smiling, unsure if I was truly making the decision for myself or her.

_

"I'll meet you after P.E., okay?" Rosalie asked before kissing me on the mouth, "I love you."

I nodded, smiling a little, "love you too." I said as she walked away before she could get out of the hall completely, I heard Vega's voice coming from around the corner and I'm sure Rosalie heard it too because her step faltered; she turned toward me as the worry was evident in her eyes. "I love you." I mouthed to her, I could see she was calming down and finally she was gone.

"Look, I'll be fine without you okay? Plus, like mom said we need some time apart," she told her brother as she rested a hand on his shoulder, "it's only 90 minutes."

"Okay," he said to her before hugging her for a few seconds and walking away. She looked in the direction of where he went, then took a deep breath and turned toward the classroom, she had her head down before looking up and seeing me, "Hey, Emmett." She said, her face brightening up. This is gonna be hard.

"Separation anxiety?" I asked as we walked into the class together, her being so close to me made me realize how amazing she smelled. It was like waking up to coffee early in the morning.

"Something like that," she said shrugging, "are you okay?"

I nodded trying to force the words out of my mouth, "mhm, I-I gotta get ready!" I said rushing off, to the boy's locker room. This was going to be a lot harder than I thought.

"Emmett," Alice said as I stepped out of the locker room, "what are you doing?"

I grunted as I shoved past my sister, "what are you talking about?"

She moved in front of me quickly, her eyes full of determination. "You know exactly what I am talking about, how could you give Rosalie hope like that, huh? Because we both know how this is going to end."

"Look," I said rolling my eyes at her, looking elsewhere. "I've been talking to Edward and he's helped me see the bigger picture, I think that I could forgive Rose and make our marriage. We all know that your 'visions' aren't always correct—"

"This is different," she said interrupting me, "I have seen how this goes multiple times, this is your destiny."

I shook my head at the things she was saying but, in my heart, I knew she was telling the truth, "stop, okay, just let me do this."

She laughed sarcastically, "you and Edward are both the same, trying to change the order of things but I promise you it's not gonna work like that, so put up a façade but when this all comes crashing down, I won't be there for it." She said before leaving me to wallow in my self-pity. Her words sent chills down my spine.

I ignored the nagging feeling in my head as class started, but I couldn't help but noticed how nervous Vega looked from across the gym. Alice was talking to her about something, but she was too distracted to notice.

"Today, we are continuing with volleyball today. There will be three rounds, first is girls v girls, then boys v boys and finally winners v winners." Coach Edmunds said as he paced the floor with a clipboard, "I've hand-picked teams for my own personal enjoyment." He told us smirking as the class groaned, he liked to put the people he thought was the best against the worst and watch from the sidelines.

"Alright, when I call your name come stand by me," he said as he listed people off for the first female team, then the second. "Alice Cullen and Jessica Stanley." He finished the list.

I looked near Alice and saw Vega raising her hand and speaking, "uh, sir, you didn't call my name."

He looked at her in surprise before looking at the clipboard again, "hmm, what's your name?"

"Vega, Vega Grey."

"How tall are you Vega Grey?" He asked looking her up and down, I think I already knew his plan.

"5'1-, 5'11," she shrugged.

"Ever play volleyball before?" He asked, nodding his head.

"I've played rugby before," she said surprising me, she didn't look like the contact sport type of person. "Broke my brothers arm."

He smiled a dark smile, "perfect, you're on the second team. This gonna be fun!" I laughed, agreeing with him because I could tell Alison was angry, and there was something about Vega that made me think she could beat my ass easily. "Game on!"

The game had only been going on for a few minutes, Alice and Vega had been the main the scorers for their teams, even hitting people with balls if necessary. Coach was grinning from ear to ear at his unstoppable team.

"I've got it!" Jessica yelled before rushing for the ball at the same time as Vega, full on tackling her teammate. I gasped as I rushed to floor, Alice already by Vegas side careful not to touch her. Her eyes had rolled to the back oh her head, "oh, my gosh." Jessica said, on the brink of tears, "I didn't mean too."

I pushed people away till I was by her side, Alice's eyes very telling, "I told you," she whispered, "you can't stop this."

_

Oof, this chapter is a bit of a filler not gonna lie, but I had to make it so that the next chapter wasn't as plot-holey lol.

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW