"5 ½ years old."

3rd

"Rosalie, I don't feel so good," Vega said before her eyes rolled the back of her head, before she could hit the ground Rosalie caught her

"Rosalie, I don't feel so good," Vega said before her eyes rolled the back of her head, before she could hit the ground Rosalie caught her. In shock, she looks down at the girl with fear. Trying to piece together exactly what happened as everyone rushed to her side in a panic, their minds reeling. "She was just talking to me." She mumbles, the pain in her voice almost like she had hurt the girl herself. She had just made up with Emmett, they were friends again and she had someone ruined it but harming Vega, the girl she just had a conversation with, the person who saved her from herself.

"It's not your fault," Vega's father says before taking his daughter into his hands, his words did little to soothe the ache in Rosalie's chest, the same ache that's in his own.

Emmett stood motionless in the middle of the floor as it felt like the world had stopped spinning, what the hell just happened? He asked himself as Mega walked into the room bumping into Emmett before he dropped to the floor, the same as his twin. Almost immediately, Lana was by his side. "We need to get them home," she said checking his forehead, the nonchalant attitudes adding to the tension.

"Wh-what's happening?" Emmett asked finally breaking, walking toward Jed and Vega, he had to touch her.

"Exhaustion," Jed commented, the answer sounding rehearsed before he carrying his daughter toward the door, past Emmett but stopping to whisper something into Carlisle's ear, he nodded in understanding.

"I'll meet you too there, I just need my kit," He said as the parents walked out of the house, their children in their arms. Everyone completely silent, unsure of who should move first.

"I sh-should go with them," Emmett said as he trudged toward the door before Jasper and Edward grabbed his arms to hold him back

"Not right now," Edward said lowly into his ear, as he felt Jaspers effect take over calm him down, putting him into a trance. He fell to his knees as he saw the car his love was in pull away from him, further and further down the road.

_

"We should've never brought them to this town," Lana said as she tried to ignore her children's screams, they'd been in pain since they'd gotten home. "I don't know how we didn't see the signs we usually have this kind of thing under control."

Jed hugged his wife, kissing her forehead. "It's been a hectic year, sweetie."

"Can you explain what is happening to them?" Carlisle asked as he walked out of Mega's room, a stethoscope hanging off of his neck.

Lana and Jed looked at each other unsure of how much they should tell him if they should tell him anything but they did ask him for his help, "every year since they were born, about 3 times a year they go through this growth spurt if you will. Three-times a year, it happens."

Carlisle nodded, trying to understand, "I know that you said that they were 15 years old, but how old are they really?"

Lana was quiet for a second before finally responding, "5 ½ years old." She said as someone knocked on their door before ringing the doorbell.