Werewolf Lessons

Werewolf Lessons

Remus was reading History of Magic revision outloud as Sirius lay on his back beside him, staring up at the ceiling and chewing on a licorice wand. Remus had already taken away the song suckers after catching Sirius humming to the radio instead of listening to the revision - "You've got to study or you'll fail the O.W.L.s and next year you'll be in all remedial classes instead of in with us!" Remus had snapped, "Now pay attention!"

Sirius was only half paying attention just the same, though, even as Remus tried to make it exciting by reading the text with gusto, as though he were reading some thrilling adventure novel instead of their bleedin' textbook. Sirius looked over at Rey, at the flush to his face that came from reading something he truly found interesting. Sirius smiled and reached up his hand, cuppin Remus's cheek gently, making him pause.

Rey looked down at him, at the way he was smiling up at him. "What?" he asked.

Sirius said, "I want to remember you always like this."

Remus stared at Sirius for a long moment, "What's that supposed to mean?"

Sirius replied, "Just that when I'm a hundred and you're ninety-nine and we're old and have adopted twenty thousand wolf pups, I want to annoy them all with long winded tales about your beautiful face when we were sixteen and fifteen."

Remus put the book down, realizing that concentrating was over now and he looked down at Sirius. "So... we're having twenty thousand wolf pups now?"

"Maybe more."

"We're busy in the future, aren't we?"

"Quite." Sirius murmured.

"I never knew you were good at divination," Remus said.

Sirius grabbed onto Remus's tie, pulling him lower... closer... "I am. I can see your future."

"Yeah?" Remus asked, "What's there?"

"Snogging.... Loads and loads of snogging..." Sirius opened his mouth and lifted his head off the pillow he was using as Remus's mouth met his and they were just about to settle into a good deal of snogging when there came a crack and a house elf wearing a tea cozy emblazoned with the school crest appeared beside Sirius's head, making Remus jump back with a shout of surprise.

The elf seemed unbothered by what he'd interrupted and simply stated, "The headmaster requests an audience with Mr. Lupin in fifteen minutes," and then disapparated again.

Remus stared at the spot where the elf had been.

Sirius said, "Bloody hell, couldn't do with a good old fashioned note?"

Remus's heart rate was through the roof. "I know, blimey."

Sirius looked up at Remus. "So we can get a lot done in fifteen minutes, Moonykins..." he grinned and grabbed for the tie again.

Remus ended up late (of course because Sirius wouldn't stop tugging on his tie and being adorable) and he sprinted up the last few steps of Dumbledore's staircase, tripping on the landing and knocking over a polka dotted umbrella that leaned against the wall. "Bloody hell," Remus murmured, righting it, and turning to knock on the door, composing himself as he did and running a nervous hand through his hair, certain it was still a frightful mess from Sirius's hands having been tugging on his curls for the last fifteen minutes as they snogged madly.

Dumbledore opened the door and smiled down at Remus over his half-moon glasses, his eyes sweeping across Remus's wrinkled, half-tucked oxford and frumpled hair. He smiled, "I am glad you didn't feel the need to dress up on my account, Mr. Lupin," he said, stepping back and allowing Remus through.