That's Why I Trust You

Wally stayed behind from breakfast to pack the things the boys would need for their journey to save Harold Minchum. They'd knicked some stuff from about the castle - a steak knife from the Great Hall in case of needing to cut any ropes or anything, and a couple bottles of pumpkin juice as well... They'd stolen a vial of potion from Slughorn's store that they were fairly certain was a healing salve he'd talked about at the start of term... James Potter's invisibility cloak, of course... their Defense Against the Dark Arts textbook (in case they needed to look up a spell real fast in a duel)... extra socks... and a blanket, in case the Minister was cold when they found him. Wally was looking for a spare comb - in case they were interviewed by the Prophet before they had a chance to wash up - when the door opened and Oliver came in the room.

"Hey Wally," Ollie said.

Wally looked up. "Hullo." He turned back to the drawer he was digging through.

Ollie sat down on the end of his bed and looked at all the stuff Wally had collected, sprawled across his duvet, waiting to be packed up. "What's all that for?" he asked, curiously.

Wally turned as he drew the comb he was looking for out of his bag. "Just stuff."

Ollie's eyes travelled over the things he had, "Are you going somewhere?" he asked, confused.

Wally hesitated.

"Where are you going?"

Wally bit his lip.

"Wally?"

Quickly, he aimed his wand at the door of the dormitory, locking it, then turned to Ollie, "Is it true what they say?"

"What who says? About what?" Ollie looked deeply confused.

Wally went over and knelt down before Oliver, staring up at him. "That you fancy me."

The colour drained out of Oliver's face. "Who - who said - who told you --?"

"Liam said everyone says it."

Oliver stared at Wally, panic in his eyes, his round little nose flared as he looked at Wally pleadingly, "I didn't - I - I - I know you're not - it's not - we're friends - I know."

"But is it true?" Wally asked.

Oliver looked very much like he wanted to cry.

"It is, isn't it?" Wally stared at him, right in the eyes...

"Yes," Oliver squeaked, "Yes, yes. I do, I do. But I know we're just friends, I don't want this to change us being friends, please don't stop being my friend, I've missed you when you've been hanging about with Dex and Lee. Please, I know we're just fri---"

Wally had cut him off.

With a kiss.

Oliver sat there with his eyes closed for several moments, even after Wally had pulled back and turned around to go back to packing his things into his bag. "We're going to save Harold Minchum," Wally said, "Lee found out where You-Know-Who has him at and we're going to get him and bring him back to Hogwarts. We're gonna be heroes."

Ollie brought his fingers up to touch his lips - they were zinging from the feeling of Wally having kissed him... and he felt so funny, and the way Wally was rushing about, packing, as though it hadn't happened at all... part of Ollie wondered if he'd imagined the entire thing. He stared at Wally, barely hearing what he was saying.