You Young Werewolf Catchers

Sirius, Peter, James, and Lily all lowered their wands as they realized it was the Resistance that had arrived and not some of Greyback's cronies. James released his grip around Lily. "Sorry," he murmured as his arm fell away from her body and she wrapped her arms around herself as the cold of the night closed back in around her. At their feet lay Fenrir Greyback, bound, wide eyed and petrified. Fabian Prewett hurried over, followed by his twin, and the pair of them grabbed onto the ropes that bound Greyback, holding them fast and adding a few more 'round the werewolf's petrified muzzle for good measure.

Newt Scamander's eyes flitted to Sirius. "What - what happened here?"

"Yes, I, too, am most interested in this tale," Dumbledore agreed, raising an eyebrow.

"Spotted him and... and we used our spells," Sirius replied, shrugging.

"We are wizards after all," Peter input.

"And a witch," Lily piped up.

"Some of the best students, being taught under the guidance of the finest headmaster, the greatest wizard who ever has lived," James added.

Dumbledore nodded, "I see. And what were you lot doing out here in the woods? This far off the grounds of the school, with Dementors unleashed and snow falling quite as it is here? ....so close to a very dangerous wizarding establishment as the Shrieking Shack?"

Sirius looked into Dumbledore's eyes.

"A question whose answer we shall receive upon return to my office back at the castle - once we've all had a moment to thaw out." Dumbledore announced. He turned to Kingsley Shacklebolt and Charlus Potter. "I trust the two of you will bring word to the Ministry? ...and deliver Greyback as well to the proper authorities?"

"Positively," Kingsley replied.

Charlus nodded and the pair of them approached the werewolf as Gideon and Fabian released their grip on the ropes to hand over the beast into their care. Charlus paused and gripped James's shoulders, staring into his son's eyes. "This is the third time that your name has come up in connection with incidents since holiday. Please, James. You have to be more careful." He sighed and let his hands slide from his son's shoulders and he turned, clapping one palm on Sirius, too. "That goes for you as well, Mr. Black. Dora's been having absolute fits over the pair of you..."

"Yes, Mr. P." Sirius said.

Charlus looked at James for a long, lingering stare... "We'll send you an owl," he said, and then he turned to assist Kingsley Shacklebolt, and with a couple of great CRACKs they were gone.

James looked down at his feet.

Sirius looked 'round at the other Resistance members and he grinned, "Well ferfucksake," he said suddenly, exasperated. "Aren't any of you going to tell us what a bloody brilliant job we've done in defeating a werewolf? And quicker than any of you people could get your shit together, too, no less!"

Newt Scamander looked thoroughly amused by this declaration, even as Ted Tonks gave Sirius a very disapproving look and Gideon and Fabian Prewett said, in unison, "Heyyyy."

"Well he's not wrong," Bilius Weasley said, shrugging.

Dumbledore led them all back through the town. They stopped at the Hog's Head to say goodbye to Bilius, who was staying in the inn over the bar and Dumbledore nodded to the nosey bar tender, who was peering out his windows with beady eyes and greasy grey hair, and the bar tender ducked back out of sight at the acknowledgement.