Looking Forward to Summer

"The best part was when he said there wasn't much to see!" Frank Longbottom was wheezing with laughter in the Gryffindor common room, regaling the first years that had missed the entire drama out on the lawn with the story of how James Potter had hung Severus Snape up by his very ankles over the lawn and stripped him of his robes.

"Whooaaa," said Dexter, wide-eyed and excited, "Whoa that's whoaaa!"

"Do you say nothing besides whoa then now?" Wally asked, "We have to interpret what you mean by the tone of your whoa?" And he proceeded to say whoa in a load of different tones, then turning to Liam and asking, "Whoa whoa whoa whoaa whoaaa?" in the same candance as he might've asked how are you today?

Liam smirked and replied, "Whoa, whoa whoa!"

"Shut up!" Dexter said, "This story was whoa-worthy!"

"WHOA WORTHY!" Wally yelled, "Whoa-worthy! Blimey." Ollie smiled at the shouting of Wally and blushed as Wally glanced at him out of the corner of his eyes and whispered, "I know something else that's whoa worthy."

Ollie looked down at his lap, his little smile growing into a big grin and a soft pink glow warming his nose and cheekbones.

Lily was watching from across the room and saw the look on Ollie's face and she grabbed Remus Lupin's arm, yanking him closer. "Remus. Look."

Remus was busy reading his Transfiguration book, preparing for the final O.W.L. the next morning. "Huh?" he looked up and followed Lily's point. "What?"

"Oliver Kent. You know what's making him blush that way?"

Remus said, "I dunno Evans, I'm revising, I wasn't paying attention."

"Wally," she said, "Wally is making him blush like that."

Remus looked up at her, "Bloody hell, Lily, you're spending too much time at the Hufflepuff table if you haven't noticed Oliver and Wally are clearly a thing."

"Are they even old enough to be a thing?" Lily worried.

Remus shrugged. "Not much different than when you and I went out."

Lily reddened, "I always forget we did."

"Glad to know I'm not memorable," Remus murmured, not really offended, just teasing her. He turned back to his book.

Lily hit his arm. "Merlin's beard, Remus Lupin, it isn't like that."

He laughed and turned the page of his book.

Lily lifted her textbook and looked it over. She was chewing gum nervously, unable to concentrate on her revising. She turned to Remus, looking him over as he studied intently. She should be mad at him, but there was something about his face that made it rather impossible to be. Besides, once he'd explained to her that James Potter had put it together from that awkward scene outside of class the day that Mulciber had knocked he down, she couldn't really be angry at him for James Potter working it out on his own... Besides that, Remus was the only person still willing to do flashcards so close to the end of term. Everyone else had already sort of melted themselves into holiday mode, despite there being one more O.W.L. to complete.

"Oh Rey. I can't believe we're almost done another year," Lily said.

"Yup," he murmured.

"Are you looking forward to summer?"