Every Other Tuesday And Also On Bank Holidays

That night, Sirius Black threw another party to celebrate the epicness of James Potter's patronus's magnificent appearance.

The common room was a ruckus of noise and song, dancing and little paper versions of everyone's patronus strung about the walls. Sirius was like a ringmaster, standing upon the table once again, shouting and making poor Remus blush with very public displays of affection, hauling his poor, shy boyfriend up on the table and dancing against him in a provocative manner when Wild Thing came on the stereo. "IT'S OUR SONG, MOONY!" he bellowed, already several cups of firewhiskey deep, clutching the neck of the bottle as he flung himself about Remus Lupin's shoulders, his eyes bright with life, "I LOVE YOU MOONYKINS!!!"

Remus had been torn between amusement and disapproval half the night as Sirius got drunker and drunker from the whiskey...

James had no desire whatsoever to partake in any of the merriment, sitting in a chair off to one side, wearing grey joggers and thick socks to stay warm, a bit of parchment on his lap as he jotted down ideas for how they might be able to track down Harold Minchum, sort of talking points for the meeting the next day. He stared down at that, pretending not to notice as Frank Longbottom got up on the table to do a perfect jig, slamming the heels of his shoes against the smooth wood as several students clapped a beat for him.

Suddenly Sirius Black flung himself into James's lap, tossing his arm 'round his neck, legs over the armrest of the chair, sitting upon James like a girl might to do. Sirius's face was flushed and his eyes slightly unfocused as he slurred out, "JAMES PPPPPPPPPPOTTER! Don't be a downer, why aren't you coming and ddddddddancing with meeeeee?" he drawled out the words as he spoke, the smell of firewhiskey so thick on his breath it was nearly enough to intoxicate James just breathing it in. "COME DANCE WITH ME, POTTER-YOU-ROTTER!"

"Dance with your boyfriend," James suggested, "I'm busy."

"YOU ARE MY BOYFRIEND, JAMES!" Sirius said and he ran his fingers into James's hair in the back.

James raised an eyebrow, "Does Remus know?"

"Remus is okay with it. Remus knows he's my king. You... you're my harem."

"Oh is that how that works?"

"Yes." Sirius laughed and patted James's cheek. "You're a sexy little concubine."

James rolled his eyes, "You're ridiculous."

Sirius leaned in, laying his head against James's shoulders. "We'll only be able to be together on every other Tuesday and bank holidays. The other days, I belong to my Master Moony. Is that alright with you?"

"I'll add it to my schedule."

"Excellent," Sirius breathed deeply, still stroking James's cheek with his fingertips, even as he fell asleep.

"Remus --?" James looked around, trying to spot Remus, but he couldn't see him anywhere. He sighed. "Anyone seen Remus Lupin?" he asked, looking 'round at the couples snogging in the chairs 'round the fireplace. "Oi... Maw." He kicked Jackson Maw's trainer with the tip of his own, making Jackson look up from the girl he was kissing, also clearly only a few minutes from chundering all over the floor. "You seen Lupin?"

"Went with that firstie that was steaming. Wastson or Wendell or --"

"Wally?" James guessed.

"Mmm," Jackson nodded, "That's the bugger. Now... excuse me... bit busy here." He turned back to the girl on his lap.