[1] Back Home

AVERY-ROSE

"Ellie, c'mon baby mums gotta go to work." I say to my three year old as she hides under her bed.

"No momma! Stay home wif me!" She whines for the millionth time this morning.

This morning she had been very difficult. As soon as she turned three everything went down hill, now all she does is fight me. I thought it was suppose to be terrible twos.

"El, please c'mon let's go to daycare and see your friends!" I try to cheer. She looks at me.

"Ok!" She nods coming out. Finally I thought. I put her shoes on and the matching pink jacket.

"El, can you grab your hat and mits from the basket please." I say to her as I put on my jacket, hat and mitts. I grabbed her hand and we walked to the car. I buckled her into her car seat and drove off.

"Momma, can we make cookies t'night?" She asks from the backseat.

"Mum 'as gotta work late tonight Ellie, you're going to Roo's house." I explain. I hear her sigh but she didn't say anything. A few minutes later I heard her sing from he back seat so I knew she wasn't upset.

We pulled up to her daycare and I got her out.

"You have you're bag baby?" I ask straightening out her jacket.

"Yes!" She cheered.

"Ok Ellie, Roo's going to pick you up after dinner time and then you're going to stay there until mom can get off work." I smile giving her a hug.

"Ok momma!" She says hugging me back. I held her hand as I walked her into her daycare room. The old lady smiled and brought her in with one last wave I left my baby for the day.

The good thing about Ellie's daycare was that it fed them breakfast lunch and dinner, plus snacks. And it was home run so I didn't have to pay that much for it.

As I drove to work I turn on the radio.

"This just in: The biggest boy band One Direction will be in our very own Wolverhampton this week. The boys wanted to quote visit Liam's family."

I turn it off not wanting to hear any more. That's all you hear about in this town. How a small boy, known for his running skills made it big. Isn't that exciting?

No. I don't want to see him. I don't want to hear about him. And I most certainly don't not want him around Ellie.

I pull in to the employ parking lot of the Wayland, the hotel I work at. It's a good job, and pas really well. The only down fault is I work odd hours, so it's hard to coordinate with child care... Not to mention I don't get to spend nearly as much time with my daughter as I should.

Walking in I wave to Laura, one of my co workers and put my lunch in the staff room.

"Avery." I hear Mr. Ralph say from behind me.

"Hello sir." I smile.

"Hello dear do you mind working the front dest today?" He ask. When I come to work I never know what job I'm going to do. Sometimes I work at the front desk, other times I would help at the spa or pool and on the odd time I would help the maids. It all depended on the day.

"Of course sir." I say as cheery as I can.

"Thank you my dear. We have some special guests coming today, so put on your brightest smile." He says before leaving the room. I follow behind him going to the front desk. I login to the computer and set up all the papers for today. We only had five check ins this morning and they should all be here after 11 so my job for the next two hours is quite simple.