[23] Burnt

Avery-Rose

"Avery!"'I hear my name being called from the other side. I feel Zayn pull me into a hug. But I didn't move. I just kept watching the water hit the fire of the house.

With every small flame I see, another perfect memory seems to burn out.

"Avery!" I hear again. When I turn I see my brother run to me, Zayn releases me from the side hug and pulls out his phone.

When my brother called me back at the water park and something was wrong, I never, in a million years thought it was this.

"I'm going to call Niall." He says quietly.

When my brother reaches me he grabs me and hugs me tightly. With all the commotion going on around me, I remain in shock. I honestly don't know what to do. I don't notice all the people actually standing around me, just my house and my brother wrapped around me.

"Wha-what happened?"' I ask, trying my hardest not to break down.

"They don't know." He whispers. "When I came home from work, the fire had just started."

We both turn and look at the house, no more flames in sight . But that's not the only thing we noticed, we saw all the paparazzi. Do these people not have lives? Honestly I can't deal with this anymore.

"Avery-Rose! What happened?"

"Aver-Rose, why are you with Zayn? Where's the baby?"

"Miss Parker, how will you take care of a kid without a house?"

"Would you guys please shut up!" My brother yells.

I feel my brother grab my hand and we both walk over to one of the firemen. When I turn I can see a couple of police officers talking to the paparazzi getting them to move away.

"You must be miss Parker." He says shaking my hand. "Unfortunately, we couldn't save the house. We apologize."

"Um... Do you know what happened?" I ask.

"Were putting an investigation in right now, we will get to the bottom of this." He assures me. "But for right now, we need to know a few things, do you mind coming down to our station?" He asks.

"Blue, you don't have to do this now if you don't want to." My brother says.

"Yea of course I will, I just need to check on my daughter." I tell him and he nods. I walk away as my brother stays and talks to the fireman.

"Zayn," I start as I walk up to him. "Do you mind driving me down to the station?" I ask him,

"Not at all," he smiles. I've only met Zayn a couple of times, but I already feel comfortable around him. I feel like I've know him for years.

The first few minutes of the car ride were silent. I wasn't exactly in he mood for talking and he understood that. I mean would you want to talk after you watched your house burn down.

"Did you talk to Niall, how's Ellie?" I ask, even if I didn't want to talk I still had a responsibility. A million and one things are running through my mind right now like where the hell am I going to live, what about all of our things in that house, how am I going to tell a three year old that all her things are gone.

"He took Ellie out to lunch, and then they're going back to our house," he says.

I stay quiet for a little longer. But there was a question eating away at me.

"Did you tell Niall what happened?" I finally ask.

"I did."

"Was he upset?"