[7] Gone

AVERY-ROSE 

It was around half past six when I arrived at my fathers house. I was already late and knew my dad would be upset with me.

"Wanna knock for me Ellie?" I ask. She nods and knocks on the door three times. I whisper thank you to her and she smiles.

"Uncle Adam!" Ellie yells as my brother opens up the door.

"Well hello lovely!" He says picking her up. "Dad's livid with you." He whispers before disappearing the the door way.

"What else is new." I whisper under my breath.

"Avery!" Lilian yells while I walk in the room.

"Hello Lilian." I say.

"Darling you can call me mom."

"I would call you mom, if you were my mom. But your not." I say with a fake smile on my face. I walk into the kitchen where my dad was talking to my brother and Ellie.

"Avery-Rose," my father greets.

"Hello daddy," I smile giving him a hug. It's been a while since I've come to my dad's house. We aren't on the best terms right now, but I missed him.

"You're late." He says. "And these were your plans."

"I know I'm sorry, Ellie wanted to watch this show."

"Mommy it was about princess! I have to!" Ellie says standing up on the chair. Even with the aid of the chair she was still much smaller then my father and I

"Well of course, you're a princess you must watch shows like that!" My dad says to her. "Now let's eat. Adam sits at the head of the table, my dad and Lilian sit on on side and I sit on he other with Ellie. After all the dinner is served, and grace was said the conversation turned to me.

"So Avery-Rose, why did you call this dinner." My dad asks.

"Well, I have some news."

"And what's that dear?" Lilian says, just her voice pisses me off.

Lilian is what I like to call a home wrecker. When I was pregnant with Ellie, about four months along, we found out that my father was cheating on my mom for the last year. Of course after that I had to tell everyone that I was pregnant and then my dad stopped talking to me, then I moved in with my mom. So here we are three years later and my dad is with this 35 year old home wrecker.

I mean the girl is 15 years older then me.

That's disgusting.

Gold digger, that's what she is.

"Avery?" My brother questions.

"Sorry," I must have been caught up in my thoughts. "So I got a call from Quinn and she wants me to do a test shoot, they want me in London this weekend. And well, they also want Ellie, they think she's perfect for guess kids or something" I can't help but notice all three pairs of eyes on me.

"Ave, I don't think that's the best idea." My dad says.

"Why not, I think it's a great idea! I mean Avery started modelling when she was Ellie's age." Adam defends.

"Honey do you think this is right? For Ellie I mean?" My dad says.

"But Avery you're a mother now, you have to take care of both of you. THis is selfish. Think about Lizzy, do you want her to grow up thinking she must be perfect? It's not healthy for someone this young to get into that." Lilian says,