[37] Decisions

Avery-Rose

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Court was moved back a day, that was the only thing a nurse has told me in the last twelve hours. The nurse has come in and out checking on Ellie's vitals before leaving again. I haven't left her side yet. Niall has left a couple times to tell the boys updates. The nurse won't let them in because they aren't family.

It was midnight now and from what I've heard, everyone is still out there.

There was a small knock at the door and the nurse came in.

"Miss Parker, I'm sorry for bothering you but there's four people at the door asking to see Elizabeth."

"Who are they?" I ask, sitting up.

"Karen, Geoff, Nicola and Ruth Payne." she says.

"Let them in." I allow.

The four pile into the room and all look shocked.

"How did you find out?" I ask. Ruth doesn't answer, she just runs and hugs me.

"Liam called us, the boys are still sitting outside." Liam's mum tells me. "how is she?" Geoff is already by Ellie's side, petting her arm.

"Stable, hasn't waken up yet. The nurse said her body is just trying to adjust." I explain.

"She should wake up in the morning." Niall adds.

"Well were going to let you rest, im sure you're both tired." Karen said kindly.

The four said their goodbyes from the short visit and left the room. Seconds later Liam walks in.

"Don't you think you've done enough?" Niall spits.

"I-I just wanted to give her Ducky and this blanket and some flowers and I-I just wanted to make sure she was okay."

"Niall do you want to give us a minute?" I ask. He squeezes my hand once and leaves the room.

Liam and I are silent for a long time. The only thing that breaks our silence is Ellie making a small whine. She didn't wake though. We had both looked back at her and then to each other.

"We made that" he smiles but it fades quickly.

"You almost killed that thing that we made." I whisper.

"I know. I'm an idiot." he simply says. "and I've already heard it all from the boys. How I don't deserve her. How I will never be a good father. How I ruined everything. And I know it's all true." He says. I've known him long enough to know that he's trying so hard not to cry.

"What did you expect? That you could walk in and this would be a piece of cake? There's so much more to being a parent then you think. She's not just an accessory. You came in as a dad, Ellie needs a father." I tell him.

"I want to be that." he says quietly.

"Then do it. There's no amount of parenting classes you can take that can teach you about her. You need her to know her. And almost killing her, well that won't help very much." I tell him.

"I should get going." he whispers.

"Why, so you won't cry in front of me. I think we're way past that. We went through a lot together did we not? Or did I imagine our relationship too?"