[17] Confrontations

Avery-Rose

"Avery and Ellie Parker, welcome." Doctor Hollis greets as we enter in his office.

"Hello Doctor Hollis, nice seeing you again." I shake his hand and sit in the seat on the other side of his desk, Ellie in my lap.

Doctor Hollis is a child psychologist. We saw him multiple times last year when Ellie had her nightmares before.

"Ellie you've gotten bigger then the last time I've seen you!" He cooed. He was a young doctor, in his early 30's.

"I this many!" She cheers holding up four fingers, I put one down for her.

"And what's wrong Ellie?" He asked her. It's weird having her answer. The last time we were here Ellie was maybe two and a half and I would have to answer most questions while he watched her body language and stimulation to different pictures.

"I have scary dreams." She says starting to look more afraid.

"And what happened?" I push her so she can keep going.

"I hit myself and got a boo boo." She says pointing to her the few bruises on her arms. Doctor Hollis lightly grabs her arm and looks at the marks. He retracts and writes something in his note pad.

"Do you remember what happened Ellie?" He asks her. I asked the same thing two nights ago when she had the dream, if she doesn't remember I'll fill the doctor in.

"Big, big men run after me, I by myself and I get mad so I hit them." She tells him. He goes back to his note book and writes something.

"Hey Ellie, how bout you go over there in the corner and play with the toys while I talk to your mum?" Ellie nods and jumps off my lap and runs to the little table in he corner of the room with toys and books on it.

"Are they going to come back?" I ask him.

"Depends, did something traumatic happen again?" He asks me.

"The other day, paparazzi surrounded us. " I told him. "I don't know if you heard about the whole 'Liam Payne's Daughter thing." I say in a lower voice.

He chuckles. "Well, unfortunately it's all the office is talking about Ave. I mean we've all basically watched her grow up." He says motioning his head to Ellie who was laughing to herself. "But that could have done it. The whole paparazzi thing."

"So what do I do?"

"I suggest just reminding her that it's okay, watching a movie before bed, letting her sleep in your bed could also work, or even playing some nice music while she sleeps. I heard one direction is pretty good for that." He smiles. I just glare at him "I'm so sorry I had to." He laughs.

"So they should just go away on there own?" I question.

"They should yes. As long as the bad memory goes away, the dreams should too. But, if they do become more frequent, I suggest you bring her back here." He smiles.

"Thank you again Doctor." I say standing up.

"It was nothing really Avery, I love Ellie." I tell Ellie to wave goodbye and she does.

Right before I leave his office he says, "oh and Avery, good luck with that Liam thing."

"Thank you." I nod walking out.

As soon as I had buckled Ellie into the car, I realized there was something I was putting off, something that I should probably do sometime soon. I take my phone out of my pocket and dial the number.

"Hello?" The voice asks.

"Hey Ruth, it's me." I say looking down. I put my phone on speaker and through it into the next seat and proceed to back out of the parking lot.