2

"I'm back," I mutter as I kick my shoes off by the door. I hear the rolling of an office chair and watch as my cousin rolls out of her office and into the path in front of me. She drags her feet on the ground, causing her to stop, "Good Evening my child," she clasps her hands in her lap, "I've been expecting you," she wiggles her eyebrows at me.

I roll my eyes with a sigh, "You're so weird," I set my bag by the door. "You know what I'm going to ask so might as well just tell me now," We always go through the routine of her greeting me and then asking how my day is.

"It was eventful if anything," She scoots her chair closer to me, "Do tell," I slump onto the couch, "Well when I got there I got lost and ended up in the third year hall," She snorts loudly. "I refused to ask for help so I was real glad when someone came up to me and asked if I was lost. And he showed me to my class,"

"Alright I'll need a name, birthday, social security number, and a background check," she counts on her fingers. I roll my eyes again, "I got a name and I'll get back to you on the rest. And he was just being nice,"

She hums, "And how was your day?" I continue the unspoken routine that we had every evening. "Almost done with my major project and got assigned like three small one," she talks of her journalism job she landed. Good pay and mostly work from home. She absolutely loves it "Your boss just won't give you a break," I groan.

"I like keeping busy. Anyway, did you check out the gym after school?" I sigh, "I did. But I got caught," she raises an eyebrow.  "You make it sound like you were murdering someone,"

"The captain of the boys' volleyball team along with two others apparently saw me practicing. I didn't notice because I had my music playing," I shrug.

"And he asked if I joined the girls team and I told him the issue with that. And this is where it gets interesting. She leans in with her hands under her chin. "He asks if I want to be an assistant coach for their team," She pauses, waiting to know my reply.

"I said yes and tomorrow I'm meeting the actual coach and he'll determine if I make it. Oh and the same guy who showed me to class was also with the captain," She backs up a bit and spins around in her chair.

"I'm glad you could find a way to stay in volleyball. Not only do you like it but it flexes your strategical muscles and you might even get to play with them during practice matches," she adds happily. "Make sure you eat something," she reminds me. " 'Kay," I say as I walk up the steps and to my room.

I set my bag on my desk and turn on my laptop. It loads up and I head to a website with mind games on it. I play a few before heading back downstairs to grab some food. I pick out a bag of chips, a water, and a sandwich. I eat in my room by my laptop and watch a few YouTube videos.

I finish eating and goof off until it is about midnight. I head to the bathroom and take a quick shower. I slip under the pile of blankets and pillows, hair still damp.

~~~

The school day didn't have anything interesting happen. Just avoiding eye contact most of the time. When the day ends, I walk into the gym. I peer in and see a few people warming up and stretching. I search for gray hair and I spot him by the scoreboard.

I skirt the edge of the gym until I reach him. I quietly observe the players practicing. He's talking to the captain when he sees me. "Oh! Good, you came," he trots over to me. "This is our coach," he directs me to a dyed blonde man with a permanent scowl.

I bow, "So you are the girl Daichi said was practicing after hours?" I look down and nod. He rests his hand on his waist, "What I'm going to do is have you play in a practice match and see your thought process on the court," I nod and shift my bag. "You can go change in the bathroom over there," he points to the girls' restroom.