9

The next day we stand face to face with Nekoma. I spot Kozume and Tetsu in the middle of the line. I smirk lightly and them and they smirk back. "Wooa! Kenma you are on Nekoma's team? Why didn't you tell me?" Hinata bounces on his heels rapidly.

"You didn't ask," he shrugs. Hinata rapidly approaches Kozu and I follow behind him, praying he won't make a fuss. Hinata rapid fires questions at him. I turn to Kozu, "Kozu-kun, are you a starter?" I ask. He nods.

"Hey! What business do you have with our setter?!" a tall Mohawk guy glares down at Hinata. Tanaka yanks Hinata and I back. "What business do you have with our first years?" they glare at each other with ridiculous expressions.

Sugawara yanks him back and scolds him. The Nekoma libero does the same to his player. They apologize to each other and I instantly saw a similarity. They're both the team mom. And the Mohawk guy and Tanaka are cut from the same cloth too.

Now that I think about it, Tetsu is like a nicer Tsukishima. "Anyway, are you ready for a royal beating," Tetsu grins mischievously. I scratch the back of my head. "I wouldn't necessarily call it 'royal' if you're the one trying to give it," I counter quickly.

"Now way! Two lady Managers?!" I look back at the Mohawk guy who is gazing intently and Kiyoko and I. I raise my arm slightly. "I-I'm not a manager," I deadpan, getting kind of tired of people thinking that.

"Then why are you here?" I sigh aloud. "I'm an assistant coach," He bends to my eye level and glares at me. I recoil visibly, not enjoying his closeness. "Chihiro-san! Come meet Coach Nekomata and Naoi!" You have got to be kidding me, his name is Nekomata? I walk around Mohawk calmly.

I get to Ukai's side and bow, "Nice to meet you Nekomata-san, Naoi-san," I say in a quiet voice. "And to you as well," I look up at the old man. We exchange a few word and tell each other good luck before Ukai, Takeda and I return to our side of the court.

Third POV

"Chi-chaan~!"  Tetsu rests his hand on her head. "Hm?" she asks, looking up at him. "Make sure your team doesn't underestimate us~,"he drawls. She nods and picks his hand off of her head. "And you need to watch out for us as well. That's the only warning you're getting from me," she smirks at him before turning away stoic again.

Tetsu's eyes widen minutely. 'She never makes empty claims' His eyes linger on her retreating figure for a few more moments. "She's going to be a problem," he tells Nekomata. He raises his eyebrows.

"How?" His eyes dart to her quickly. "You can never tell what she'll do and when she'll do it," Nekomata nods.

Sugawara noticed Chihiro's closeness to the Nekoma captain and setter. The rest of the team noticed too. They've never seen her so relaxed around someone until now. Sugawara shakes his head, trying to focus on the game instead.

First POV

The team gathers around Ukai and I, awaiting our commands. "Nekoma is an all-around team, defense and offense. Each player has fine tuned their abilities. We have just been thrown together not that long ago. We are not even close to their level" I push up my glasses and set my clipboard on the bench. I could tell that they're getting disheartened.

"However, the players themselves are just on the higher end of average. It the way that they work together that puts them at such a high level. If we can break them up a bit, we can loosen their teamwork and thus knocking them down a few pegs,"

I turn to Ukai, indicating for him to take over. "Try to split them up and thin out the court. Hinata, all eyes will be on you. Use this to our advantage. Got it?!" He yells the last sentence. "YEAH!" they yell in sync before getting to their starting positions. "Let the battle of the trash dump begin," I mutter to myself as I sit back down on the bench.