17

After totally wiping the floor with the boys, I decide to call it a night. I still had my bag with me from earlier. I pad down the tatami mat hall to the room Tetsu said I am to stay in.I approach the door and lightly tap on it before sliding it open.

I duck my head down, "S-Sorry to intrude," I said softly. "You aren't intruding, it's your room too," I look up at one of the managers. "A-ah sorry,"

"D-Do you mind if I sleep over there?" I point to the corner beside Yachi and Shimizu. "Not at all, go for it," another answers. I quietly roll out my futon along with my blanket and pillow. I gather my things for a shower and enter the blue tile shower room designated for the girls.

I place my towel on a hook directly outside of the stall and set my soap on a little shelf. It seems as if each girl was able to designate their own shower for the duration, so I pick the last one. I slip out of my clothes under the cover of the beige curtain before twisting the knob to turn on the water. Freezing water shoots out and nails my body. I yelp in shock, the water pressure is really high. I turn the knob further until it reaches an appropriate temperature, scalding. There is no middle ground and I'd rather have a hot shower than a cold one.

I lather my hair out of the water's line of fire before quickly rinsing. I do that with the rest of the shower and finally shut off the water. Pins and needles prick at my tender skin. I stick my hand out to grab my towel and dry off within the shower.

I look around to see if anyone is in the room before I snag my clothes up and enter a changing room. I slip a big t shirt and canvas shorts on before walking out. My night clothing did not change much from my daytime wear. I just wear a bigger shirt and no sweats. I reenter the room and place my clothes in a separate bag from my clean ones.

The managers sit in a circle near the center of the room talking. "Chihiro-chan, are you okay? You look really red," Yachi points out. I nod, "The shower I used doesn't have a medium temperature setting and the water pressure is really high," She grimaces.

Just before I sit down, Shimizu beckons me to join them. I shuffle over and sit with my knees pulled up next to Yachi. "So you must be the female co coach that Karasuno was talking about," I look down and nod.

"Yeah half your team was having a nervous breakdown when they arrived!" I push up my glasses and look down. "I'm Yukie Shirofuku, third year manager for Fukurodani," a calm reddish brunette introduces.

"Kaori Suzumeda, first year manager for Fukurodani,"

"Mako Otaki, Shinzen high manager,"

"Eri Miyanoshita, Ubugawa high manager,"

I make a mental note of each of their names. Yachi nudges me, gesturing for me to introduce myself, "U-uh Moyasu Chihiro, Karasuno assistant coach. First year," I manage. They look at me in shock, "Ah? Only a first year?" Yukie bursts out.

I nod. "So how did you become a co coach?" Mako starts making conversation. "The day I transferred to K-Karasuno, I went and checked out the gym. Naturally the volleyball team was in there so I waited until they left before going in,"

"Well I started practicing different things and unknown to me, the three third year came in. I had my headphones on so I had no idea. It wasn't until I started untying the net that someone was there because Daichi was untying the other side. He asked if I played and I said yes. I explained how I couldn't play for the girls' volleyball team and he said I could be an assistant coach," I look at my folding hands as I rattle off.

"I played a match with them and Coach Ukai decided to keep me," I end.

"Why couldn't you play on the girls' team?"