37

For a few lingering seconds, the entire room is silent. I could hear a pen drop in the midst of stunned silence. Suddenly, the whole complex roars to life. I leap onto my feet in glee and look at the nationals-bound team. "We really did it," Kiyoko breathes out, looking at me. Tears well up in the corner of her eyes. 

"We did," my eyes, wide with emotion meet hers. I feel tears prick at my eyes as our manager sweeps me into victorious embrace. "We did it!" she cries into my shoulder. I grasp onto her shoulders. "We're going to nationals Kiyoko-chan!" I shout out with a laugh at the end of my voice. "Karasuno High will represent the Miyagi prefecture at the Spring Cup!" the commentators beam into the mic.

She releases me and we look around at the teary-eyed team drenched in sweat. Joyous and inhuman noises come out of the spritely players. Half of the team could barely stand as they bow in respect to their fans. The award ceremony  occurs shortly after and we pile back onto the bus.

The bus ride to the restaurant was anything but tame. Nishinoya, Hinata, and Tanaka wouldn't stop shouting, but I can't blame them. I snag a seat next to Asahi since Nishinoya isn't even sitting.

"We are going to nationals," Asahi mutters. I can't help but crack a smile and nod. "We're going to nationals!" he repeats. He gets a sudden realization and holds his head in his hand. "W-we're going t-to nationals,"

~~~

"OI LEAVE SOME FOR THE REST OF US!" Tanaka screeches at Hinata and Kageyama as they devour almost everything. The long wooden table is a mad house with people swiping meat with chopsticks. I half expected for someone to end up with an eye poked out. The traditional Japanese restaurant stands lit dimly by warm light. Since we are such a big group, the whole place is vacant besides us.

I sit next to Yachi and Yamaguchi on a cushion on the tatami mat floor. I scan the spread and click my chopsticks together trying to decide what to get. And then I see it. In all its basking glory, two single pieces of beef sit soaking in flavor. I gun for it, nearly leaping across the table. But I get into a clash with Tsukishima. His chopsticks click against mine and he narrows his gaze at me. I squint back at him and slowly withdraw my utensils. "Only because you did so well today," 

"Thanks Chibi-chan it means so much," a sickening smile meets me and I grumble. "You're lucky we won," I sit back down onto the plush cushion and think of what should I eat now. My thoughts are interrupted by a soft 'plop'. I look down and see a few slices of the desired beef sitting on my plate. I look to my left and see Yamaguchi smiling gently.

"I don't think I'd be able to eat all of it anyway," he say. I crack a grin and beam, "T-Thank you," before digging into the precious meat.

~~~ Time Skip a Few Days~~~

Coach Ukai decided to let the team have a day off to go the festival. Yachi said she had something to ask so I waited for her after the bell ring. Once we got our books together, we begin walking out together. "So what did you wanna ask?" She turns to me with an almost pleading look.

"Can you come to the festival with us tonight? Please?" I blink a few times and scratch the back of my head."I-I mean of course yo-you don't have to it's a-all up to you," she frantically waves her hands around.

 "I-I just don't know I've never been to one," Her jaw drops. 

"No way! That must mean you don't have a yukata do you?" I raise an eyebrow. "A what?" She darts down the hall. "H-hey!" I call out, jogging towards her.She spots Kiyoko along the way and waves her over as I return to her side.

"Hi," she waves coolly. Yachi, out of breath says, "Chi-chan has never been to the festival before a-and she doesn't even know what a yukata is!" Kiyoko looks at my astonished. I shrug sheepishly, "As a kid I didn't really get out much,"