05 - Getting out of Hand

Harry hates Louis. Why? Because he is making Harry rethink his whole life. Okay, so he doesn't hate Louis—that was just a spur of the moment thing... it's more of an attraction than a repulsion, Harry knows that for sure, and has come to the point where he can't deny it. 

Anyway, Harry is starting to find it hard to think of Elaine as attractive anymore. Whenever they do anything, Harry thinks of Louis. He tells himself to stop. He's not gay. At least, he doesn't think he is. But, that's where Louis comes in. Harry doesn't know why he feels such a strong attraction towards Louis, he's never liked a guy before, and the one he does, of course, is pissed at him. So, that should stop Harry from feeling this way, right? Wrong. Harry likes a challenge, and Louis is giving him one by not answering his texts asking for an apology. Harry is not one to give up on a chase easily. 

The whole picture Elaine as Louis thing hits it's peak two days after Harry and Louis had talked last. Things are getting steamy, and next thing Harry knows, his boxers are down and Elaine is teasing him with slow breathing on his thighs. Harry's not really turned on at all, and Elaine can see this as she eyes him. Nonetheless, Elaine starts palming Harry. It's not working...until, Harry pictures Louis. He pictures his fluttering eyelashes and his lips turned in concentration as he pleases Harry. This seemingly works well to get Harry worked up until he hits his high and the name Louis falls from his lips. His cheeks turn red as he realizes what he was thinking of to get off. 

Elaine immediately stops, glaring at Harry. "Who's Louise?" Harry sighs in relief that she didn't hear a man's name come from his mouth. He's still in a pickle, though. 

"Isn't that your middle name? I said Elaine Louise..." Harry sputters the lame excuse like an old, broken down engine. 

"I thought you knew my middle name." she crosses her arms over her chest, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm not joking around, I thought it was Louise!" Harry counters.

"It's Lynn."

"Oh, I'm sorry." Harry says, even though he's not. 

Elaine sighs, putting her clothes back on. "Call me when you're ready to explain, okay?" she hasn't fallen for Harry's lies.

"Okay." Harry says. He doesn't know if he'll call Elaine, ever. He doesn't really like her much anymore, anyway. That sounds bad, but it's only the truth, and sometimes the truth hurts. 

✖ ✖ ✖

That same day, Louis is picking up his new phone from a cellular store. He left his old one in his pocket after the night at the bar with Zayn. He ended up putting it through the wash and completely wrecking it. 

The people whom set Louis up with a new phone had managed to recover some unread text messages on Louis' data file. They gave Louis a printed paper with the messages on it. Louis is hesitant to read it. 

Louis skims the paper, surprised when all the messages are from Harry. There is five all together, but they all have the same meaning behind them. I was being a dick, forgive me, I'm sorry. I want to be friends.

Louis wants to crumble the paper and throw it in a trash bin. He's trying to get over Harry, and he does this? Louis doesn't think that Harry understands just how much Louis likes—er, liked him. Louis doesn't want to just be friends, because that will never satisfy him. He needs—needed Harry, in every way possible. So, Louis decides to do as he wishes, and throws the paper away. He will not settle for friendship; it would be too hard to watch Harry be with girls while he watches on the sidelines. 

Louis shakes the curly haired lad out of his thoughts and heads back on the track of his schedule. He has yet to go to the store and pick up a package at the post office. In the package is a huge pack of Louis' ultimate favorite candy, Pop Rocks. He adores them, for no particular reason.