19 - Coming Out

Later that same night, the two boys are sitting around a ruggedly made fire—rocks circled around some twigs they had collected after making out. 

"You know, we forgot marshmallows." Louis says, eyeing the fire. 

"You're right. How stupid are we? Marshmallows are a camping essential."

"If I remember correctly, you're the one who bought food." Louis smiles. "So, you're the only stupid one."

"Right." Harry laughs. "I am pretty dumb."

Harry then proceeds to pull Louis into his chest as they sit on a log by the fire. Louis' hair is beginning to get long, so Harry wraps a strand around his finger. Harry admired the way that Louis' hair flipped out in the back and how soft the one strand felt around his finger. 

"Hey." Louis says. "You wanna play some football?" without an answer, Louis pushes himself off of Harry and goes to the bag he packed. Sure enough, a football had taken up more than half of his packing space. 

Harry reluctantly stands up, following Louis to the slightly clear area behind their tent. He's made it quite clear, on his channel, that he's no good at the sport. Louis knows this, of course, because he's watched nearly all of Harry's videos, but he pays no attention to that. He can teach Harry to be better, right?

Wrong. Terribly, horribly, wrong. 

Thirty minutes later, Harry still hasn't quite grasped how to kick the ball straight. Every time he kicks it, it shoots off into the woods. Louis told him to kick it with the inside of his foot rather than his toes, but it isn't helping. 

After another thirty minutes Louis has had enough of Harry's terrible skills, so tosses the ball over by his stuff. He then reaches up and ruffles Harry's hair with his slightly feminine hand. 

"You'll do better next time." He says, lamely. 

"You sound like a coach." 

"Maybe that's what I am."

"You are my boyfriend, not my coach." Harry smiles. 

"Did you bring a camera?" Louis abruptly changes the subject. 

"Yeah, why?" 

"We need to shoot our video."

"Oh." Harry replies, going through his bag before he comes across his portable camera. "How do we want to do this?"

"Casually. Uh, maybe some surprise factor?" Louis suggests with a shrug.

"Louis, you do know that, like, everyone already knows? We're making it pretty obvious that we are together." Harry laughs.

"No, I know that. Duh. I mean, like, make the video start out as something else and then BAM! We come out." Louis clarifies. 

"You're already.. out." Harry points out.

"Not with you." then, Louis has an idea. "Oh! We could like, blow up a bunch of helium balloons and like, suck in the air and sing songs.. like Tyler and Marcus did! But, like after singing a bunch of songs, we could like—"

"Let's sing Boyfriend—you know, by Justin Bieber? Yeah, you know." Harry pauses. " 'Cause, like 'If I was you're boyfriend, I'd never let you go.' and then you could say—"

"But, you are my boyfriend." Louis juts in.

"Exactly!"

"We are geniuses." Louis says sarcastically, laughing.