23 - Cuddles

i recommend listening to the song on the side while reading this. tbh it's one of my all time favorites and justlisten to it, okay.

Louis can't believe it. He can't believe that he's at the airport again, that he's about to get on a flight to go back to London, already. He swears they just got to Wyoming yesterday. 

"Flight 431, now boarding. Again, Flight 431, now boarding." An intercom speaks, and Harry tries to take Louis' hand and lead him to the gate. Louis pulls away from Harry less subtly than he hoped, and Harry bites the inside of his cheek. 

Unluckily (Luckily?) for the boys, their seats were on opposite sides of the plane. And, this time, there would be no layover. Just straight to London from Cheyenne, Wyoming. Louis takes his seat near the back, and Harry takes his seat near the front. Harry casts a glance back at Louis, but Louis doesn't return the gesture.

After a few minutes of sitting alone, Joe Sugg—Zoe's brother—comes and sits next to Louis. Louis looks towards the front of the plane and sees Harry sat next to Zoe. It occurs to Louis that they could switch, but Louis is not sure he wants to. He's still trying to get over the fact that Harry cheated on him. 

Louis wants to forgive Harry, but there's nagging insecurities in the back of his mind. Will he do it again? Am I not good enough? 

"Hey." Joe says.

"Uh, hello." Louis replies softly. 

"What's up?"

"I'm just, uh, sitting here next to you."

"Uh, mate, I'm not talking to you." Joe says, awkwardly pointing to the phone he's holding up to his opposite ear.

"Oh, yeah, I—I knew that." Louis coughs, his face turning bright red. 

Louis then absentmindedly drums his fingers on his lap before putting in earbuds. He ends up falling asleep, only waking up when there's minor turbulence. He falls back asleep immediately afterwards. 

✖ ✖ ✖

"We're landing in London in twenty minutes." The intercom says before it repeats the same line. Louis awakens, embarrassed when he notices his head was on Joe's shoulder. 

"I'm sorry." Louis says quietly, and Joe nods.

"It's alright. You were tired, I let you sleep. No need to apologize."

"Oh. Sorr—" Louis stops himself. He just gives Joe a small smile. Joe returns the smile before looking back down at his phone. 

Louis just kind of twiddles with his thumbs and admires Harry from afar until the plane lands. Even if Louis lost his trust in Harry, he can't deny that Harry really is beautiful. Uh, handsome? Nonetheless, the boy is attractive, according to Louis—and just about the rest of the world. So, maybe Harry uses a bit too much gel in his hair, and maybe Louis likes his old free curls better, but that's doesn't tamper with Harry's attractiveness. His green eyes and deep reddish-pink lips are two of Louis favorite things, and though he probably wouldn't admit it, he likes that Harry is taller than him. 

When the plane does land—safely, might I add—Harry waits for Louis to get to the front before he gets off with the older boy. 

"I'm tired." Harry says as they walk out of the gate. 

"Why didn't you sleep on the plane?"

"Oh my god, Zoe would not shut up." Harry pauses, rolling his eyes. "'Oh, I got my nails done in Wyoming, and the woman was just precious.' 'How are you and Lou doing?' 'Oh, you would not believe the phone service I got out there!'" He says in a high, fake, posh accent. 

"You are so bad at impersonations." Louis laughs, Harry following suit. 

The boys walk to Louis' car, which has been sitting in the parking lot for a week. Louis drives, since he doesn't trust Harry to not fall asleep at the wheel. His eyelids are already drooping, and he's just gotten into the car, after all. 

When they approach an intersection, Harry's eyes flutter open due to the sudden stop of motion. 

"Lou, can I come over?" He asks, sleepily. 

"Don't you just want to go home and sleep?" Louis asks, in response.

"I'd rather sleep at your house." Harry yawns, and there's no way Louis can say no. So, when the light turns green, he turns towards his apartment, the opposite of how he would turn to get to Harry's.

When they arrive, Harry needs to be shaken softly awake by Louis before they get out of the car. They quietly make their way up to Louis' apartment, and as soon as Louis unlocks the door, Harry is trudging across the room and burying himself in Louis bed covers. 

Louis gets a glass of water from his kitchen before beginning to unpack. He gets through half of it before Harry speaks.

"Come lay with me." Harry's raspy voice fills the previously silent room. Harry opens up his arms, one hand patting the bed next to him. It's really inviting to Louis, and he feels himself getting sleepy by just looking at how cuddly and warm the bed—and Harry—look. 

"Yeah, okay, fine." Louis agrees, crawling up against Harry's chest and under the covers. "You're warm."

"Mmm." Harry hums, tracing Louis' foot with his own. "You're cold. I'll help." Harry says slowly, before wrapping his arms around Louis' torso. It's moments like this that Louis can't help but forget what Harry did to him. It's moments like this when Louis' feels like he belongs

Eventually, Louis turns his body so that he's facing Harry. Harry's already fallen back asleep, so Louis looks at him. His eyelashes lay softly on the tops of his cheeks, his mouth is parted slightly, and hair tumbles down in soft ringlets across his face. Louis lifts his hand to stroke the soft hairs, then he brushes the pad of his thumb across Harry's eyelashes. He uses his pointer finger to feel Harry's slightly chapped lips, and before he pulls his hand away he pokes Harry's (you could say penis shaped) nose. When he takes his hand away, Harry lets out a soft groan.

"Don't stop." He mumbles, and Louis is shocked that he's awake. Well, either awake or sleep talking, but probably awake, at some level. 

"Okay." Louis says softly, before bringing his hand back up and tracing Harry's defined jawline. "You're so pretty." Louis whispers, and he's not sure if he wants Harry to hear it or not. 

Harry does, and he smiles. 

✖ ✖ ✖

idk about you guys but i was getting fluff withdrawals so this is what you get

i hope you liked ittt.

[edited]