09 - Glass Is a Pain In the Ass

"What? Who? Fucking hell..." Louis cautiously pulls a chair up and leans it against the door for good measure. He's too tired to fully understand what's going on. 

"Elaine's dad! He was at my house and so I just drove past and he followed me here!" Harry wails into his hands. "I led him to you! I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!" Harry repeats. He isn't actually crying, but guilt swallows him like the sea. 

"Hey, hey, it's alright. He can't get in, we'll just have to stay in here until later, okay?" Louis kneels on the floor next to where Harry is kneeling, rubbing his back until the larger boy's breathing steadies again. Harry nods. "Now let's get up and sit down on the bed, alright?" Louis speaks softly, and slowly, as if talking too loud will cause Harry to freak out again. 

Harry yelps again when there is a large pound on the door and the knob rattles viciously. 

"Get out here, you little... you little... shrimps!" The man—presumably Rob—yells, and Louis wraps Harry into a hug, guiding him to the bed. 

"Shrimps, huh. Interesting." Louis chuckles lowly, obviously not alarmed at the situation at hand. Louis then lets Harry have a seat on his bed, but Louis notices Harry is breathing heavily. "Would you like anything to drink?"

"Uh, sure." Harry then notices how dry his throat is. "Thanks."

"Yeah, no problem." Louis says as he makes his way into the kitchen and grabs a glass cup from the a cupboard. There is a loud crash in the living room that causes Louis drops the cup, pieces shattering all over the floor.

"Uh, sorry!" Harry calls from the other room, but rushes in to help Louis after he hears the glass hit the floor. 

"What did you do?" Louis isn't mad, he couldn't be mad at Harry.

"I knocked over a chair and it fell on a sidetable... Nothing broke though." Harry replies. Louis nods and steps over the broken shards of glass on the floor. He winces as he feels a piece lodge itself in his skin. "Ooh, fuck." Louis inhales sharply and limps over to a chair by his dinner table. 

"Did you step on a piece?" Harry's eyes scan Louis' for an answer, though it's pretty obvious.

"Yes." Louis hisses, clutching his foot. "Could you get me tweezers?" Harry nods and rushes into Louis bathroom, but he has no clue which drawer the tweezers are in. 

"Second drawer from the top on the left side!" Louis says as if he can read Harry's mind. Harry quickly finds them and brings them, along with a wash cloth, to Louis. Then, Harry picks up the broom and dustpan that sit in the corner of the room and begins to sweep up the broken pieces.

Louis doesn't notice this kind gesture, as he is trying to get a surprisingly large shard of glass out of his foot. He winces as he gets hold of the piece and yanks it out, blood dripping on his kitchen tiles. He lets out a deep breath and presses the cloth Harry brought to him against the wound. It stings greatly, as if someone had lodged a heated knife into his heal.

"Can you help me to the bathroom?" Louis asks and Harry obliges, picking up Louis bridal style. Louis gasps at first, he wasn't expecting to be lifted up. He'd only meant for Harry lo let Louis lean on him. He isn't complaining, though. "Thanks." He breathes as Harry sets him down. Louis then digs through a drawer, seemingly full of medical supplies. He digs out an ointment tube and a roll of gauze bandages and gets to work.

"Uh, Louis?" Harry says, inspecting the tube of ointment that Louis had just applied to his cut. 

"Yeah?"

"This—um—this isn't ointment." Harry says, reading the bottle that is clearly labeled Lube. Louis gasps in horror and snatches the tube away from Harry. Louis's face turns as red as the blood on his kitchen floor as he inspects the ointment. It is, indeed, lube. He just applied lube to his cut. And, Harry saw.