06 - Threats

"What the hell, man!?" Zayn yells, pushing Louis off of him. Louis' plan didn't work, as you can see. He feels no attraction towards Zayn romantically, even after they kiss.

"I just had to try it." Louis says.

"But, why?" Zayn is still a bit shocked that his best mate of many years just kissed him like that. He didn't like the feeling.

"I need to get god fucking damn Harry Styles out of my mind!" Louis wails, placing his head in his hands.

"Oh, that's what this is about?" Zayn says, scratching the back of his neck. "You do, uh, know I like girls...right?"

"Yeah! Of course. I just really need a distraction from goddamn Styles. I figured I could try it." Louis seems to have a new nickname for Harry. Goddamn Styles.

"Not your best idea..." Zayn wipes his mouth on his sleeve for the thousandth time since the kiss. Zayn isn't mad at Louis, though. He could never be mad at Louis. They'd been friends forever, since grade school, Zayn recalls. One confused kiss could not make Zayn mad at his petite, quirky friend.

"Yeah. I agree. I can promise you this... I'll never do it again!" Louis says. Zayn pulls his best offended face.

"You can't say you didn't like it." Zayn winks playfully, pushing on Louis's chest lightly. "No one can resist the charm, I don't blame you."

"Oh, get your head out of your ass." Louis nudges Zayn's shoulder and walks past him into his house. They hadn't left the doorway since the incredibly awkward greet by Louis.

"Whatcha got to eat?" Louis asks, not waiting for a response before he raids the fridge.

"Not much, mate. But I gotta go brush my teeth." Louis scoffs at Zayn's statement.

"It wasn't that bad, was it?"

"Just kidding." Zayn walks over to Louis—and the fridge—and takes a take out carton of rice, from the Chinese he ordered the night before.

"Would you like to be in a video?" Louis asks, grabbing a bag of chips off of their spot on the counter.

"Uh, sure." Zayn responds as he grabs a fork. "What about?"

"I was thinking the best friend challenge. 'Cause, you know, we're best friends."

"So that's what you'd call it?" Zayn teases. "I was thinking more the I tolerate you category."

First, Louis flips Zayn off, then he takes out his carry-on camera and sets it up in front of a large window in Zayn's living room. When he's done, Zayn's already sitting on the couch, starting to eat his rice.

"Hello, my people!" Louis says after he hits the record button. "I'm here with the rice boy, Zayn Malik! And, if you don't know who he is I suggest you click this box right here..," Louis points to a nonexistent square where he will later put a link. "to visit his channel!"

"I'm a lot cooler than this loser, by the way." Zayn says as rice tumbles out of his mouth and down his chin. "Fuck." he mumbles. Louis just laughs.

 ✖ ✖ ✖

Harry has a problem. A lot, actually, but he's thinking of one in particular. He needs to think of an excuse, something believable to tell Elaine about the whole Louise situation. He couldn't possibly tell her the true story. He settles with telling her that Louise is an ex-girlfriend of his.

He dials the number, but is surprised when the phone is not answered by Elaine.

"Harry." The voice says. Harry immediately knows he's in deep shit. It's Elaine's dad.