25 - Reuniting

[smut in this chapter???? maybe idk you'll have to read to find out]

Harry's on his way to Niall's house, and he's getting a ride from Louis because he still has not heard back from the police about his car and the whole hijack situation. He's thought about it, and he is pretty sure it's smashed up in a ditch somewhere. Which means, Harry will have to buy a new car, and (more importantly?) Louis will have to make Harry a new mix tape.

When they get to Niall's, Harry insists that Louis come in with him, since he knows that Niall won't mind. Certainly he wouldn't've, if the circumstances were different.

When Harry knocks at the door, Niall doesn't answer. Figuring that Niall was taking a nap, or something, Harry pulls out Niall's spare key that he gave Harry for emergencies. Sure, this was totally an emergency. (No, not really. But, shhh. Niall doesn't need to know.)

"Niall? Niall? Niaaaallll?" Harry calls out to a seemingly empty house. Louis stands awkwardly to Harry's side, his eyes wandering around the new scenery of Niall's living room.

"Harry?" Niall calls back from behind the door of his bathroom. Harry hears a feminine voice in the background in which he immediately pairs with Elaine. Oh, shit.

Harry still forgot to tell Niall about Elaine, though he constantly reminded himself, he never got to it. And, of course, here she is, in the bathroom with Niall, doing god knows what.

"Don't you think... we should go?" Louis asks, rubbing his wrists together.

"Hmm, yeah." Harry pauses. "Never mind, Niall!" He yells, leading Louis out the door and back to Louis' car. "Uh, sorry about that. I—I didn't know, obviously."

"It's fine, really. Would you want to come with me to my family's house? I haven't seen them in a long time and I—it'd be nice if  you'd come with, yeah." Louis asks, sliding into the driver's seat. He softly drums his fingers on the wheel, glancing over at Harry.

"In Doncaster, right?" Harry asks as he looks at the clock on the dashboard of Louis' car. It reads 5:34.

"Yeah, it's about a two-and-a-half hour drive. Is it too late for that? We could go tomorrow. Or, I could drop you off you at your house; if you don't want to come at all." Louis rambles.

"Today is fine. We could stop somewhere to eat and get there at, like, eight-thirty." Harry shrugs. "That's not too late, as long as your parents wouldn't mind."

"Of course they wouldn't. I still have some of my old clothes there—at the house—but would you want to stop at your house to get stuff?"

"Yeah."

"Okay."

✖ ✖ ✖

"How the hell does it take you an hour to get ready for an overnight trip?" Louis asks Harry as they walk back out to the car.

"You were distracting me." Harry whines and Louis scrunches his eyebrows.

"I was just sitting in your couch watching tv." Louis says plainly.

"Yeah, looking amazing while doing so. Tell me, Tomlinson, how do you do it?"

"D-Do what? I'm lost."

"Look so beautiful all the time."

"Oh, shut up." Louis blushes, getting into his car.

Within an hour of the drive, Harry is bored out of his mind. In the whole hour he was getting ready, it never crossed his mind that he should charge his phone, so, it died.