20 - Drinking Games

"This isn't very good." Louis mumbles after he takes a bite of his pasta. The others nod in agreement. 

"It doesn't taste like pasta." Zayn replies. "That's for sure."

"That explains why we are the only ones here." Catalina says, pointedly. 

They had chosen this restaurant just because of the fact there was no one else around. They figured that it would be a short wait, but they didn't expect the food to be terrible. 

"I don't want any more of this." Harry sighs as he pushes his still full plate away from him. His tastes of sawdust and wet cardboard. "Seriously, what did they make this with?" 

"I don't know. But, we should just go up to the counter and pay, maybe go to a pizza place, instead?" Louis suggests with shrug. 

So, they do. They pay at the counter (the waiter there wondered why they were leaving so early; they said they had an emergency to get to) and go out to their cars, which are parked next to each other. They decide to just drive around until they find some pizza place—assuming there is one.

"What kind of town doesn't have a pizza place?" Harry says, frustrated. 

"This one." Louis groans. "Why don't we just invite Zayn and Catalina back to our hotel?"

"Did the Chinese lady say anything about guests?"

"Japanese, Harry, Japanese. But, I don't remember. I don't care, though, so I'm gonna ring them up." Louis says as he pulls out his phone, dialing Zayn's number. He picks up immediately. Louis tells him to come to his hotel and then gives him directions. 

✖ ✖ ✖

"So, we're just going to get drunk, or..?" Zayn says, inspecting the various wine bottles on the counter. 

"That's our plan." Louis grins as he pops a bottle open and pours everyone a glass. 

"You should've gotten something stronger." Catalina says before she brings her glass up to her lips. 

"Actually, that's vodka. The only alcohol allowed here was wine, for whatever reason. So, Louis had the genius idea of dying the vodka and putting it in wine bottles." Harry explains, and Catalina takes a whiff of her glass, pulling back in surprise. Then, she takes a huge gulp. 

"Woah, slow down, there." Louis says as he watches the girl in amazement. She's like a machine, swallowing all that was in the glass without pausing. 

"What?" She says to the gawking boys. "It's easy."

"Yeah, if you want to die." Zayn remarks.

"Maybe I do." She says. Zayn's eyes widen, and Louis and Harry look at each other, panicked. It shuts everyone up, momentarily. "I'm kidding."

After the silence, Louis brings a bottle into the living room where they sit in a circle. 

"Let's play a drinking game." Louis says. "I read a book once and this one was in it. So, you have to tell your best day, and whoever wins doesn't drink. Then, we do our worst days."

"Sounds easy enough." Catalina says. "My best day was when I was I was ten and my dad got me a pony." she pauses, looking at the gaping faces. "No, I'm just fucking with you guys. My best day was when my abusive dad left."

"My best day was when I realized I was laying next to the most beautiful boy in the world, and he was there, with me. Me." Louis says, breathlessly. 

"You're talking about me, right?" Zayn teases before sharing his own story. "My best day was when I bought my mother a house. After she had done so much for me, the least I could do was buy her a fucking nice house."