27 - Convincing & Smoothies

Eventually, after the two boys got home from Louis' parent's house, they split ways. Harry still has to inform Niall on Elaine, and Louis has a collab to do with Marcus Butler. 

Harry gets dropped off at Niall's, because Louis knows about the dilemma and knows that Harry has to talk a little sense into the situation. 

Harry rings the doorbell, and he hears some thumping footsteps making their way to the door. Soon, Niall is there, opening the door for Harry. 

"Hey, Ni!" Harry smiles, walking into his best mate's house. "You here alone?"

"Uh, yeah, why?"

"Okay good, I need to talk to you about Elaine."

"Elaine, why?"

"Just listen to me, yeah?" Harry replies, walking over to and dropping on Niall's couch. 

Niall follows behind him, and sits next to him. 

"Okay, so I know her."

"Yeah, I know that. Didn't you say—"

"Forget what I said, I lied." Harry interrupts.

"What? Why?"

"I don't know, now no interrupting, okay?" Harry demands.

Niall nods, playing with a loose string on his jumper. 

"She's my ex-girlfriend, and, mate, her dad is bat-shit crazy. He chased me all the way to Louis' and then was gonna, I don't know, kill us, but then he was admitted to the hospital—long story—and it was all just some crazy stuff. I don't want you to have to go through that, too. I mean, Elaine is a blackmailer, big time." Harry explains.

Niall furrows his eyebrows. "That doesn't sound like her."

"But it is! Does she always take you to clubs?"

"No, I haven't been to a club with her, not even once." 

"Oh," Harry frowns. "Has she ever told you that she's a professional dancer?"

"Of course, she does ballet."

"What?" Harry rubs his temples.

It's like the two of them are talking about a completely different person. Both boys look at each other, their eyes filled with doubt. 

"I swear, she's not the person you think she is."

"Do you believe in epiphanies?" Niall asks, out of the blue.

"Uhm,"

"Elaine, she told me she had one. I don't know, that might be the cause of all this. Maybe she figured she had to turn her life around, and make it better." Niall suggests. 

"But, doesn't it make you feel weird, now that you know she is my ex?"

"A little."

"I mean, she's given me blow-jobs before." Harry pushes, trying to get Niall to change his mind about this girl. She's most definitely not a good person. Especially not if she's telling all these lies to Niall.

"A lot of people have given you blow-jobs." Ooh, burn. 

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You know exactly what it means."

"Seriously, you're going to get this protective?" Harry says, hurt. "I'm your best mate, and you're calling me a man-whore because I'm warning you about this girl who's got to be up to no good?"

"I—I don't know, Harry," Niall frowns. "She's just, really nice and genuine."

Harry almost laughs at that, because this girl that Niall's got made up in his mind is, for sure, not Elaine. 

"You don't get it, Ni." Harry sighs, then tells Niall the whole story; from dating Elaine and starting to like Louis, to her father threatening to hurt Louis, to Elaine demanding to go on a date with Louis. 

"I'll talk to her about it." Niall says after the whole story's been told, and Harry can't help but think he did his job. 

 ✖ ✖ ✖ 

"Hellllllooo! I'm here with..." Marcus smiles, looking over at Louis. 

"Louis Tomlinson!"

"And we will be doing the smoothie challenge."

Louis gestures melodramatically at all the jars and cans in front of the two. They are all labeled with the numbers one through ten. 

"What's going to happen is, we will each pick five number out of this hat," Louis explains, lifting a fedora into the camera's view. "This hat, by the way, is Marcus'. Anyway, the numbers we pick correspond to the numbers on these... wonderful food items."

And so, they each pick their numbers and make their smoothies. Louis' is made out of cherries, a pig's foot, spam, whipped cream, and peanut butter, and Marcus', made out of chocolate syrup, bananas, sriracha sauce, gummy worms, and avocado. 

"I think it's so obvious who got the better pick, here." Louis pouts. 

"But, avocado and sriracha!" Marcus rebuttals, laughing as he looks down at his cup. 

"A pig's foot and spam, Marcus!" Louis replies, taking a whif of his beverage. "Oh, this smells absolutely foul."

"Mine does, too." 

"I'm gonna get this over with." Louis says as he brings the cup up to his lips.

It's a good thing he's standing right next to a sink, because that's right where a majority of his drink goes. 

"Oh my god, that's terrible!" Louis says, gagging and gasping for air. "Holy shit! That's so nasty."

"My turn." Marcus laughs, taking a sip. 

He winces, but swallows it. 

"Unfair, that is so unfair." Louis chokes out, rummaging through Marcus' cupboards for a glass to put water in.

Marcus helps him find one, and soon the terrible taste of that smoothie is washed away, and Louis is sure as hell he's never going to do that challenge again. 

[edited]