08 - Consequences

"Hello, Elaine?" Louis asks as he approaches the girl.

"You aren't Louis, are you?" Elaine wrinkles her nose in disgust. 

"Yes, is there a problem?" Louis says, smiling on the inside. Maybe this will be easier than he thought.

"No, no. Let's go in, alright? Oh, and let's fix this." Elaine quickly brushes her fingers through Louis's gelled hair, messing it up and slightly styling it within fifteen seconds. "Much better. Untuck your shirt, also." She commands. Louis doesn't do as he's told so she does it for him. She grips his shirt in the middle and yanks it up, causing the bottom to come free of the pants and hang loosely on Louis' thighs. 

They then proceed to be seated at a table for two, on a balcony. Louis thinks to remember what Harry told him earlier. Be awkward. 

"So, this is romantic, isn't it?" Elaine says and she scans the menu. 

"Actually, I'm afraid of heights." Louis lies and Elaine raises an eyebrow. 

"Well, don't look down, then." She snaps. Louis is taken aback. Rude. He really dislikes this girl, not that he would really like any girl romantically, but he can't even stand to be around Elaine, and the night is just starting. 

The soon make their orders, and Louis notices Elaine picks the most expensive thing on the menu. That's when it hits him, he's paying.

"Fuck." Louis mumbles as the waiter walks away.

"What was that?" Elaine says, trying to look sexy while she sucks on a straw. It's not working. 

"Oh, uh, nothing. I just remembered that I—" Be awkward. "—that I forgot to take my constipation pills before I came." Louis pauses. He can make this night be over with just a few more words... "And, I also forgot to tell you that I'm gay." he plays the card. Elaine's jaw drops and Louis scurries off, leaving the restaurant and Elaine behind. He doesn't know if what he just did was a good idea, but he couldn't handle spending any more time, let alone the whole dinner, with the ditsy girl.

Then Louis debates what he should do next. Should he go back and tell Harry, should he tell Zayn what's going on, or should he just go home? He decides to go home. He needs a little time to himself, after all. Maybe he could make a video.

✖ ✖ ✖

Harry's at his own house, wondering what Louis is doing with Elaine. He knows it's highly unlikely, but what if Louis is suddenly attracted to girls again? What if going on this date changes his mind about Harry?

Harry shakes his head, hair falling into his face. There's nothing he could do now, and it's not like Louis would suddenly have a change of heart about his sexuality. 

So, to get his mind off of things, he calls Niall. Niall suggests they should go to a bar, and Harry reluctantly agrees. Harry's supposed to pick Niall up on the way there. 

There is a short drive to Niall's house in which Harry just drives in silence. He doesn't feel like turning on the radio. He doesn't like rap music, and that's all they ever seem to play anymore.

He soon pulls up to his friend's house, and the blonde lad runs up to the car enthusiastically. 

"So, what's on your mind?" Niall asks as soon as the car pulls out of his driveway. 

"Louis."

"Still hung up on him?" Niall asks, though he hasn't been informed on the past few days. 

"Long story. I'll tell you when we get there, okay?" Harry sighs. This is not helping him get his mind off Louis. 

Niall nods, anxious to hear what could have happened that would make such a long story in such a short amount of time.