18 - Camping

"Lou, let's go camping." Harry says, twisting the loose fabric of his flannel around his index finger. 

"But I bought a hotel room for the whole week ahead of time, Harry." Louis sighs. It's been two days since they arrived; the night previously they had gone swimming.

"But I want to camping. Wouldn't it be fun?" 

"I don't know."

"You don't know?"

"I don't know."

Harry frowns, looking out the large window in their hotel room. 

"I mean, if you really want to... we could, like tomorrow night? But we don't have a tent, or sleeping bags, or a flashlight, or a lighter, or—"

"I get it! I'll go to the store, right now, and buy stuff." Harry says with a huff, getting up and leaving. Louis just sits there in shock, before following Harry out the door. Harry doesn't say a word as he slides into the driver's seat. 

"Are you mad?" Louis asks quietly as they drive down the dirt road. 

"No."

"Yes, you are."

"Do you want me to be?" Harry asks, eyes fixed on the road ahead. 

"No."

They then sit in silence. Louis doesn't really know what he's done to tick Harry off, and he's not sure if he wants to know. So, he doesn't ask, just turns on the radio. Harry turns it off immediately after. Then, Louis sets his head on the window beside him and watches the grass, and grass... and more grass. 

"Did you hear about the guy who lost his whole left side?" Harry asks, seriously, after ten minutes of silence.

"No, that sounds terrible!" Louis says, whipping to face Harry.

"Yeah, he's alright now."

Silence. Silence. Silence.

"Oh my god! I get it!" Louis exclaims, laughing at his boyfriend's joke. Harry smiles at how long it took Louis to figure it out. 

✖ ✖ ✖

"Uhm, do you have any tents?" Louis asks a Walmart attendant as Harry looks at the clocks that line the shelves around them. 

"Yeah, this way, sir." The attendant says, Louis following her close behind. Harry doesn't realize they left, so five minutes later he looks around and Louis is nowhere to be found. 

"Lou?" Harry says quietly, furrowing his eyebrows. "Shit." He mutters. What kind of 20 year old gets lost in Walmart? 

Harry Styles, that's the kind.

So, Harry roams around the surprisingly large supermarket and looks for his boyfriend. Harry decides that he should grab some stuff they'll need for tomorrow while he looks. He picks up a flashlight, batteries, and multiple food items. Then, he spots Louis struggling to walk with a large package in his arms. Harry rushes over to help the struggling boy, taking the package—which contains a tent—into his own arms. 

"Thanks." Louis huffs, taking the things that Harry had gathered before taking the tent. "How about you go buy that and get it in the car, and I'll go get the rest of the stuff we need?"

"Sure." 

Louis watches Harry walk away with ease, then goes to find sleeping bags. He finds them easily as they were near where he found the tent. Lastly, Louis has to get a lighter. He goes up to the checkout counters, and sure enough there are lighters there. Also, there's about twenty lanes, but only three of them are open.