Prologue: My First Change

What's up my peeps! Welcome to the sequel of Enemy of my Pack! The characters I choose are being played by the same people but you can always imagine whoever you want!

Proceed to reading. 😐

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

ARIANA

"Happy Birthday my darling girl!" My mother said, kissing the top of my head. I turned my head away from her in embarrassment.

"OMG mom! Don't do that again! I'm thirteen, emphasis on the TEEN!" I whispered to her because we were sitting out in a restaurant celebrating my birthday.

She rolled her blue eyes and pushed a wrapped present towards me, her eyes wide in excitement. My thirty four year old mother, Helen, looked like she was my big sister and honestly it was as if she was. Ever since my dad died, my mother and I had become closer than ever.

Every time she would feel sad I was always there to cheer her up and she was there for me. She was my best friend.

I smiled at her and took the present from her. The red wrapping paper shined, almost looking like a mirror. I glanced at my reflection not feeling any different. My straight light brown hair, my brown eyes. I felt as if turning into a teenager would magically change my appearance over night but sadly this wasn't the case. My pudgy cheeks were still there and the braces in my teeth didn't help much.

I sighed and opened the gift.

It was a beautiful locket with a beautiful design

It was a beautiful locket with a beautiful design. I opened it to reveal a picture. It was of a man and a women. The man was at least 23 years old. His blond hair was slicked back on his head with his green eyes twinkling in happiness. He was holding a women who seemed a few years younger, her blond hair curled into ringlets framing her face. Her blue eyes mimicking the mans.

It was my mother and father on their wedding day.

"I know how much you love this picture of your dad, and the design on the locket was made especially for you because I know how much you love the woods." My mother said, smiling sadly at the picture of her late husband.

I couldn't help but stroke the locket wondering how much it cost. "What is this made out of mom?" If it was silver, I would know she spent too much for it.

She shifted her eyes around the restaurant clearly avoiding my question.

"Mom." I said sternly, my eyes narrowing.

She sighed and pouted. "Platinum." She whispered.

My eyes bugged out of my head.

"What! That's like the most expensive element there is! What the heck mom!" Even worse than I thought!