Chapter 33: Young Forever

ARI

Clink. Clink. Clink.

I groaned and turned away from the noise but then once again.

Clink. Clink. Clink.

When the memories flooded back into my mind, I gasped and stood up too fast. I grabbed my head and moaned in pain.

Clink. Clink. Clink.

"Shut up." I told the man behind the bars in irritation. My fingers were stained in red, making me notice the giant puddle of blood I was laying in.

The man just laughed and continued to hit the metal bars of my jail cell with a long metal tire iron.

"Do you know who I am?" The man asked in amusement.

I looked him over. He seemed to be about in his 40's. His dark hair was swept to the side like a gentlemen's cut. He was also quite stylish. He wore a crisp white buttoned down t-shirt that was tucked into his dark pants. A memory tugged at my brain and a name instantly flew out of my mouth. "Dad." I instantly regretted it as soon as it came out of my mouth. He was not my dad.

This seemed to anger the man. "I'm not your dad." His frown twisted into a sadistic smile. "I just killed him."

I gripped the metal bars. He's just trying to get you angry. I controlled myself and asked a logical question. "How are you so young? You should be in your 70's at least."

He ignored my question and asked me a different one. "Ah. So you have all your memories?" He leaned into the metal bars scrutinizing me.

"No. I just have flashes, here and there." I shrugged but flinched when my sore shoulder felt a spike of pain. "But I will never forget who you are. You're the man who killed Shawn. You're the man who killed her."

A sort of sadistic look passed through his eyes making me shiver.

"Yes. I am that man." He leaned in even more further, smiling cruelly. I backed away not liking him too close to me. "I'm also the man who's going to kill Alex." He chuckled. "Again."

Anger surged through my body and I stalked towards him. "You touch him, I will kill you."

He chuckled darkly and hit the bars with the iron making me flinch. "Now that's the kind of reaction I'm talking about!"

I clenched my jaw and breathed in and out. Don't let him get to you.

Looking away from his dark eyes, I went into a dark corner and sat down, ignoring him completely.

"It doesn't matter, you don't have to talk to me now but aren't you curious? Don't you want to know why you're here?"

I brought my knees to my chest, placing my head on top of them. I closed my eyes and thought of Alex and my mother. The only two people I've ever cared about are safe and I knew that no matter what happened, Alex was going to keep her safe.

Snarling growls filled the air making my ear perk up. Roderick, tilted his head to side as if hearing something that confused him.

I didn't really care until I saw the cheshire grin stretched out on his face.

"What?" I asked in a panic. Why is he looking at me like that. A loud sound, like screaming, filled the air. My heart pounded in my chest and felt a strange feeling that I've been here before.

I sniffed the air making my heart heart plummet to the ground. Alex. "No. You said you would leave them alone! You said-"

"AND YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO STAY DEAD!" He barked through the bars.