Chapter 7: Be Careful

ARIANA

The bell for lunch rang and I basically flew to the cafeteria, my stomach growling in pain. I needed food and I needed it now!

"Slow down!" Jen yelled, out of breath, dramatically as she tried to catch up to me.

"Lunch. Eat. Hungry." I said like a caveman making her laugh.

"You're so weird."

I gave her a smirk and stuck my tongue out. It's crazy how fast we became good friends. I felt comfortable around her. I would definitely say that she was my best friend.

I smiled. I've never had a best friend before.

We walked into the cafeteria and everybody literally stopped what they were doing and looked at me. I guess no one was over the incident that happened this morning.

I just rolled my eyes and got into the lunch line. After paying for my food, I turned around and bumped into giant wall-like body.

All the food I was holding fell to the ground with a loud crash making everybody stare towards me...again.

I looked up with a glare, my body shaking. Alex's dark blue eyes were shining with mischief, his lips formed into a smirk. Nate and some other guys, all of them very tall and muscular, were standing with him. Nate gave me an apologetic smile. "Oh, I'm sorry, did I do that?" Alex said smirking at my pissed off face. He stomped on my food, laughing with his friends. The smile on his face, even though it was an evil smile, made the inside of my body tingle.

I gasped all of sudden and then, an image popped into my mind. I closed my eyes and let the scene wash over me.

It was Alex and I in an open field, there were a few people standing close to us all of them looking at us with sadness in there eyes. I looked down on my lap to see Alex smiling, looking at me with so much love in his eyes. His face pale and bloody and yet he looked absolutely handsome. He also seemed older somehow. He then reached forward and touched my face.

I gasped again which brought me out of my thoughts. Alex was wearing his smirk thinking he got to me.

I stepped away from him slowly, the image of his bloody beautiful face in my hands kept popping up in front of my eyes.

Alex laughed at me, his friends joining in. Actually everyone was joining in. I guess horror on my face looked funny to them all. I ran out of the cafeteria, not sure why I had that image flash into my mind.

I was out of breath when I reached my locker. I leaned against it trying to catch my breath. What the hell was that! The image was so real, like it was a memory or something.

My heart fluttered when I remembered to look of pure love shining on his face for me. Nobody has ever looked at me like that.

"Ari?" My mothers worried face came into view when she noticed me standing next to my locker panting.

"Oh my god, is it happening already? It's only been a week since your last turning!" She said whispering. She dragged me into her office.

I sat down heavily on the chair, my mother grabbing my hand and squeezing it. "We have got to teach you how to control it!"

"I'm not shifting mom, relax. It's just that I was-" I didn't want to tell her I was basically bullied right under her nose and honestly, I think I could handle it without my mother being there to stand up for me. "-thinking, uh, about a test!" I said a little too loudly. "Yeah I was stressing over a test I have soon."