Chapter 11: Chest Cooties

ARI

"These look great!" Jen flipped through the ten resumé's I printed in the library.

"Right! I'm so excited to drop these off after school!" I grabbed them and put them back into my binder so they wouldn't wrinkle.

"You know what, I think I'll go with you! Maybe they will hire us both and we could work together!" She jumped up in excitement and I couldn't help but jump with her.

"Okay!" She squealed. "I'll see you at lunch! I'm skipping fourth period to make my resumés. Do you mind if I take one to reference from?" I gave her one of the papers and she hugged me squealing.

"Okay see you later!" Then she took off towards the library.

I slammed my locker door shut and walked to my next class.

I had the window seat in my Art class and it was literally the best seat in the whole class. I was close enough to hear the teacher but far enough that the teacher always overlooked me. 

The rain slammed against the window, creating a sort of lullaby that almost had me dozing off. It felt so peaceful and nice that I felt as if all my worries left me but in the back of mind I always had the worries of being a monster, helping my mother find love, even looking for a job, even though I hadn't even started to.

I haven't told my mom this yet but I'm glad she moved us here. My friends and the weather and my room and my phone, everything was nice.

A pair of dark blue eyes popped into my head and suddenly the peaceful feeling intensified. I felt so serene as I imagined his eyes, his face. The way his lips curved up into a smile.

Which brought me back to reality. What was up with this guy and why did he hate me? What's up with my major crush on him?! I guess people are right, women are attracted to bad boys. I sighed. Is he even a bad boy? He just seemed like a giant jerk.

An imagine of Alex riding a motorcycle with a leather jacket flashed through my head making me feel weird.

JESUS! Stop it women!

The bell rang and I opened my eyes with relief. Man, I shouldn't be allowed to daydream. I scoffed to myself, more like 'daymare'.

I looked outside to see it stopped raining and the sun was shining too. What the hell! It was just raining so much!

I hauled my backpack up on my shoulders and made my way into the cafeteria.

I stopped in my tracks when I noticed my table empty.

What the...

Usually, I'm the last one to be at the table but today I was early?

I sat down feeling paranoid all of a sudden. I looked around the room feeing like a loser. Looking down on my phone I texted Jen.

|Where you at! 😑|

I flipped through some apps as I waited for her reply when I felt a chill on my back. I looked over my shoulder and locked my eyes with Alex who was glaring at me with his beautiful eyes.