Chapter 9: Accept Who You Are

ARIANA

The next day at school, I avoided Alex and his friends like the plague. Every time I turned a corner they were there and I would instantly turn the opposite way going around to go to class. I was late to every class today but it was worth it. Jen even told me that I should avoid them but I wasn't doing it because I was scared, I just didn't want to confront anyone right now.

I was headed to my art class now, watching every hallway, silently humming the mission impossible song and ducking if I saw a brown head.

I turned a corner slowly and saw my classroom. I sighed in relief and made a beeline to the door. I opened it looking behind me feeling like I was being watched. Without really looking around I went to sit at my desk panting heavily.

Being all sneaky felt awesome and thrilling!

I squeaked in surprise when I felt a warm body under my butt.

Everyone in the whole class turned their head towards me and laughed. Some of them even fell out of there chairs pointing at me calling me stupid.

I didn't really care mostly because blood was rushing to my ears and cheeks when I noticed I accidentally sat on Nate.

"Slut." My eyes snapped to a pair of dark blue eyes and I blushed even more. He was scowling at me and I avoided his stare by looking back at Nate who was looking at me with wide brown eyes, then he slowly started to smirk.

He opened his legs up. "Hey, you're welcome to sit anytime."

I sputtered, forgetting how to form words from my mouth.

"Excuse me?!"

My head snapped towards the front where the teacher was in the middle of writing his lesson.

The teacher had his hands on his hips and glared at me. He was pretty young, and handsome. I wonder how old he was. He looked about my moms age.

"What's your name young lady?" He walked towards me in anger probably mad that I disrupted his class by sitting on one of his students.

"Ariana Peterson?" I told him as if questioning if I was right.

"Why are up disrupting my class? What you do on your own time is your business. Don't disrupt my students when I am trying to teach." He wagged his finger at me and I pouted. I hate being in trouble.

"Hey, I didn't mind!" Nate said leaning back in his chair, folding his hands behind his head.

I glared at him.

"Shut up!" The teacher and I said at the same time.

He rolled his eyes at me. "Follow me." He said signaling with his index finger.

I slumped my shoulders as I heard the class start to shout, "Oooo."

I followed the teacher to an office door that read, Helen Peterson, Vice Principal.

I gasped and skidded to a stop. "Can't you take me to the Principal or something!"

Realization crossed his features and a wide smile stretched his mouth. "Scared of the Vice Principal are we?"

I swear I saw a little bit of evil flash across his eyes. "No." I laughed nervously. "Its just I think I disrupted your class and I should go to someone way more stricter to give me a good scare!"