Chapter 25: Gun's A Blazin'

ARI

"No, no."

I stirred in my sleep, turning over on my bed trying to block out the distressed voice.

"Don't touch her!"

A deep voice shook the walls around me, causing me to jolt off my bed.

I looked around my room to find Alex knocked out in the sofa chair that was next to my closet. His stiff body was trembling as his hands gripped at the armrest with all of his strength. His wolf's claws ripped at the chair every time he moved.

I moved closer to him slowly, caressing his tense, veiny arm. "Alex." I whispered.

Something made him angrier because he growled, showing me his full set of canines.

I gripped his shoulder and shook him. "Alex! Snap out of it! You're dreaming!" I shook him but it wasn't working.

Suddenly his eyes shot open, revealing the dark color of his irises. Alex's hand whipped out and pushed me away, clawing my arm in the process.

I screamed as the claws ripped my skin open. I fell to the floor with a thud and grabbed my injured arm, trying to stop the blood that was starting to pour out.

Looking up, I gasped and tried to move away from Alex who stood tall in front of me, looking very dangerous. My own claws threatened to come out but I forced them back, afraid I might hurt him.

"ALEX!" I screamed for him to come back to reality but he just kept advancing.

"Ari! What's happening!" I heard my mother pounding on my bedroom door.

Alex held his hand up in the air, his claws shining with my blood.

"ALEX! Please!"

But it didn't work. Alex swiped down and I closed my eyes waiting for the pain to erupt but nothing happened.

I looked up to see Alex's blue eyes come back and a look of pure horror on his face when he looked between my bleeding arm and his claws.

"Ariana stand back!" My mother shouted through the door and then I heard a loud gunshot, blowing the doorknob into pieces.

My mother kicked open the door and pointed the gun at Alex.

"Ariana!" She yelled when she witnessed what was in front of her. She looked at Alex with anger. "Get down on your knees now!" She came closer, pointing the gun at his head.

Alex listened and bent his knees, putting his hands behind his head with a look of guilt on his face.

"No mom!" I stood between Alex and the gun, looking my mom in the eye. "Mom, don't! He's my friend."

"Friends don't hurt each other!" She cocked the gun and pointed it at Alex again. "I told you to stay away from her and if I saw you again I would shoot you!"

"MOM! Listen to me! Alex was here because I asked him to be! Just put down the gun and listen to me!" She still glared at Alex, the gun not leaving his head. "Please." I pleaded with her.

She looked into my eyes and sighed, putting the gun down. "I trust you Ari, that's the only reason why I put it down. But if I catch one move from you..." She glared at Alex, still on guard.

I slowly took the gun from her and put it on my bed.

"First off, where the hell did you get a gun!" I was super impressed with her. If I really was in danger, I knew she would have my back.