Chapter 3: Too Innocent

ARIANA

My hand slammed on the alarm clock. I cringed when I heard glass shattering, goddam this super strength!

I inspected it to see it was damaged beyond repair. It was stuck on 6:15 which by the way, was way to early to get up in the morning. When I was being home schooled I used to wake up at 9 o'clock and start school around 10 o'clock. Yeah, it was that awesome.

I dragged my tired body to the bathroom and spent 45 minutes getting ready. I wore my long, brown hair in a French braid and tucked in some stray hairs behind my ear. I don't like to wear makeup at all especially because of my erratic emotions which had me sweating or touching my face, so I just didn't wear any. Besides it's not like I needed it. My skin was clear but the dark bags were noticeable under my eyes.  

"Ari! Hurry up or we're gonna be late!" My mother called from downstairs.

When I got into the car, she shoved a granola bar into my hands and gave me a sheepish smile. "Sorry, I woke up late."

I smiled and laughed. "It's fine mom. You don't have to make me breakfast all the time. I'm sure the cafeteria serves it too."

She gave me a grateful smile. "I love your outfit by the way." She said driving already. "Very badass." She nodded approvingly.

"Thanks, I'm hoping it will keep the other kids away." I glanced down at myself.

"Do you think I scream dangerous?" I asked my eyes innocent.

My mother chuckled in amusement. "Yes, but your face kind of ruins it. It's too innocent."

"What! My face is too innocent?" I glared at her, frowning.

"There you go!" She said smacking the steering wheel. "Now, all you have to do is keep your face like that the whole day."

I frowned even deeper. The whole day? How long was that? I don't think I can keep up this charade for next year let alone today!

I groaned and sank into my seat.

"Hey do you think the kids will like it if I introduced myself a little differently than all the other teachers?"

I shrugged. "Yeah, I guess."

Her smile grew wider, scaring me. "We're here!" My mother yelled in excitement. She parked in the spot that had written Vice Principal Parking Only.

I climbed out of the car slowly. It's like as soon as my feet hit the ground, the entire student body turned there heads and gawked at me.

I pulled the hood of my jacket up, covering my face, avoiding any eye contact but my mother on other hand, smiled, basically skipping, and waved to the students giving them good mornings. A lot of the students sniggered at my mom. I was kind of angry but then was embarrassed.

At first I was walking with her but then slowed down a little, making it seem like she was walking alone. I loved my mother but come on! She had to know this was embarrassing!

Finally, we made it into a small building that had been labeled, Administration. A plump women with blond hair sat behind a large counter. My mother cleared her throat, but the women kept typing on her computer. I got angry and slammed my fist onto the counter, making the computer shake from the impact. The women jumped and looked up.